Android OS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gcrc2 now im getting text from something called ozmail. Any ideas?

ROOTED PBJ OC. Altered!

·
Average Android
79 Posts
Loustsoul said:
Gcrc2 now im getting text from something called ozmail. Any ideas?

ROOTED PBJ OC. Altered!
Ozmail is the name of the TouchWiz email apk.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I make it stop texting me?

ROOTED PBJ OC. Altered!

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
If you use Handcent, when you get a text from a number you don't want to receive future messages from, you can do a long-press on the thread and "blacklist" it. You'll never see another text from the same number again.

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GreenMunky said:
If you use Handcent, when you get a text from a number you don't want to receive future messages from, you can do a long-press on the thread and "blacklist" it. You'll never see another text from the same number again.
Thank you

Wriglys lightning

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Dude i got the same message, i called verizon and everything and tried to have this addressed via blocking the number. There has to be a fix for this.

·
Supporting Member
99 Posts
chiahead52 said:
reply with the text "stop" and send it
This worked

Also, don't know if anyone was having the same issue but I was getting numerous duplicates on my desktop outlook. It happened when I was on gummy weeks ago, switched to eclipse went away, then flashed back to gummy and started getting numerous duplicates sometimes 5 or 6 a day. I have deleted the email apk and downloaded one from the app store. Was gonna flash the eclipse email zip but heard that cwm is wiping and making people lose ext4 when people boot into it...

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
I was getting that same text. It turns out for me it was my Hotmail account trying to send email to my phone. But it wasnt setup in email app. So after I added it , the texts stopped.

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
This happened to my buddy when he activated his new phone...it is related to being signed into an email/messaging program on a previous phone, specifically using verizons stuff. Basically it has something to do with storing the information on their servers vs on the phone. Google that it will be on the first page. Once you read about it...call Verizon as they can stop it

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
you have to call verizon and ask for a tech 2 person an make sure they've heard of ozmail, i was getting 20 or more ozmails a day and they deleted it off my phone its a verizon messaging issue.

·
Supporting Member
16 Posts
I had it happen when I switched ROMs. I beloved it was from my work exchange account. I deleted all my mobile accounts and that stoped the ozmail texts.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I called verizon 8 times and they blocked everything they could think of and I was still getting the messages after I received my second replacement device. All of this started on a stock device. But I finaly narrowed it down to my AOL email . I deleted the AOL account from my phone and all is well, except now I have to use my pc to check AOL email. I tried to setup AOL again and started getting the OZ mail texts again, deleted and all is well again. I'm on my 4th charge in 2 weeks now, all have been stock since I have owned them. I think verizon has some kind of bug in the system.

·
Supporting Member
491 Posts
hillview said:
I called verizon 8 times and they blocked everything they could think of and I was still getting the messages after I received my second replacement device. All of this started on a stock device. But I finaly narrowed it down to my AOL email . I deleted the AOL account from my phone and all is well, except now I have to use my pc to check AOL email. I tried to setup AOL again and started getting the OZ mail texts again, deleted and all is well again. I'm on my 4th charge in 2 weeks now, all have been stock since I have owned them. I think verizon has some kind of bug in the system.
....holy shit... don't take this the wrong way but AOL .....you sir are the first person I have ever heard say they use AOL email....I'm not putting it down....I'm just saying holy shit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts