Android OS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to put the radio file on the sd card, there is already a PG05IMG file that is 399 mb. Do I delete that file or replace it with the radio file?

·
Android Lover
104 Posts
Delete or replace it... after you load anything you should always rename it or delete the PG05IMG.zip file.... 399mb is a very large file... sounds like it was a ROM or an RUU file.

·
Registered
351 Posts
adambomb777 said:
When I go to put the radio file on the sd card, there is already a PG05IMG file that is 399 mb. Do I delete that file or replace it with the radio file?
Definitely delete it. I wouldn't advise replacing it in case it merges anything.. 399MB PG file is def a RUU or a stock image ROM with all the bloat. The 399MB PG was the size of the downgrade RUU for the root tutorial. Yeah I would always make sure to delete any PG05IMG.zip file off the SD Card after use because god forbid you ever need to reboot to bootloader and that file is on there and you don't at the moment have access to a computer your pretty much screwed... Well that is unless you can play finger magic and you know the battery trick.. Also anytime your flashing a new radio image make sure you check your hash. Flashing a radio is the #1 easiest way of perm bricking your phone.. If the file is corrupt or the phone loses power during the flash the phone is dunzo.. Just make sure your file is checked and you have a decent battery life!!! Hope this helped!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts