Android OS Forum banner

Flyweight Final by b16 and birdman

28K views 52 replies 35 participants last post by  trak 
#1 ·
This is based off the leaked ROM today. It has been de-odexed and very very debloated.

Install instructions:

You need the leaked radio HERE.

Download the ROM HERE

Rename the radio (MR2) to PG05IMG.zip and flash through HBoot.

Reboot afterwards into recovery and flash flyweightfinal.zip

Enjoy.

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS PLEASE

GO TO ANDROID POLICE FOR THE FULL ROM (RUU) INCLUDING THE BLOAT APPS.

Make sure to follow us on twitter for updates and new ROMs!

-b16
-birdman

UPDATE:

MD5 (flyweightfinal.zip) = 9015306fe00f399d40b7f091edf4c188
b16s-MacBook-Pro:sdk b16$

See less See more
#32 ·
trogdor007 said:
I'm a noob to this whole ROM thing. I rooted my phone and updated to the MR1 radio. So I update to the MR2 radio before flashing the flyweight ROM? Thanks for any help.
You can do it either way. I did it by flashing the ROM first (because I was already in CWR making a nand), then I used adb to boot into hboot (adb reboot bootloader) to flash the radio before I rebooted the handset.

#34 ·
Anyone experiencing oddness with Market? Occasionally, I'll have various apps stall at the 'Starting Download . . .' status in Market. In the Notification pull down, I'll see a progress bar, but once its complete it just disappears. The Market will show the app at Starting Download until I tap on it, then it cancels and nothing happens at all.

I've seen this on Das Bamf, Vanilla Bean, Ginger Bean, and now Flyweight.

#38 ·
birdman said:
It should, but dont quote me on that. the ramdisk may be updated.
I can confirm that imo's froyo-sense leanKernel "works", in the sense that it boots. However, there seems to be a compatibility problem with the radio driver's in imo's kernel and the mr2 radio. While I was running leanKernel, I was unable to use any mobile data (3g or 4g). I had icons. Just any tcp/ip request was failing. ICMP, HTTP, etc...

I reverted back to the flyweight kernel and mobile data was working just fine again.

#39 ·
vbman213 said:
I can confirm that imo's froyo-sense leanKernel "works", in the sense that it boots. However, there seems to be a compatibility problem with the radio driver's in imo's kernel and the mr2 radio. While I was running leanKernel, I was unable to use any mobile data (3g or 4g). I had icons. Just any tcp/ip request was failing. ICMP, HTTP, etc...

I reverted back to the flyweight kernel and mobile data was working just fine again.
Crap. I just wish I could undervolt the kernel for potential battery life increase. How's everyone's battery life on this? Have to revert to a stable build as the gb roms and kernels were making my phone reboot and turn itself off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#40 ·
birdman said:
It should, but dont quote me on that. the ramdisk may be updated.
The kernel thread over at XDA says no current kernels work well with the MR2 radio. Aside from the Market wonkiness that I've had on the TB since day 1, Flyweight seems to be working well.

Still hate Sense though, its dialer, calendar, alarm clock, lock screen, etc all blow. Can't wait for the pure AOSP builds and the RIL to finish.

#49 ·
ok, i am going to give this a try here in a few minutes.
just want to make sure i am doing everything right as this is my first ROM install on TB
download and rename MR2 radio and place on root of SD
place ROM on SD somewhere
boot into hboot, flash radio
reboot phone,
boot into clockwork from rom manager
flash ROM
reboot.

do i not need to wipe data or anything. i am on stock rooted MR1 update fresh off the auto Root process.

#50 ·
Thanks for this! Been running for five days stock/as is, except I've neutered a bunch of the Sense stuff (I use LPP)--smooth, solid, fast, good battery management. As I spend a lot of time traveling and my phone is a critical part of my work/business, while I enjoy trying the more cutting edge roms/radios/kernels, I need my primary phone (currently the Tbolt) to be dependable. Everything must work first time every time without burps. My Dinc and Xoom are more for flashing-fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.