Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Placed my smb order 8/20 around 2 pm. Was charged for TP later that afternoon and received confirmation email. My order shows an estimated shop date of 8/25 which is tomorrow. The only thing that makes me worry is the fact that the charge is no longer on my bank account anymore. Is this normal? I would've thought with a ship date of 8/25 they would have left the charge on my card still even with it being backordered.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Well, as I mentioned previously the charge for the TP had dropped off my account and has not been charged again. Today is the estimated ship date and no email or anything as of yet. When I check my order status it still shows estimated ship date of 8/25, but nothing yet. For those that have received shipping info was it in the evening or just a random time?

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
rockwoodsfinest said:
shit,looks like I got a refund too....no cancellation email but the money got put back on my card...
so is HP getting more on the home site?
Do you think it was a refund? I know Saturday when I placed the order I had 2 charges on my account. One for $1 which I assume was authorization, and the second for $105.93 the amount of the touchpad. I first noticed that it had dropped off my account on Tuesday, but not like a refund would have been. It was like the charge never happened. So Im guessing it was a hold for that amount and once they realized they were backordered they dropped the hold. Normally on a refund I'd still see the charge and I'd see where the money was put back. My order status still shows backordered but a shipping date of today. If it was going to ship today, I thunk I would have heard something by now or at least they'd hit my bank account again!

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Well, my date has at least finally changed on my order from smb. Original ship date was 8/25 with delivery date of 9/1. Today it is showing a ship date of 8/29 with delivery of 9/2 so realistically it's only a 1 day difference. At least some activity finally!

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
pahealton said:
I got my confirmation letter and when I looked at line details it shows a request ship date of 9/06. I used my debit card and the money has been released back into my account so I don't know what is going on here. It does show credit approved though. I guess I will wait to see if I get a shipment confirmation letter.
I am in the same boat. Earlier this week the charge on my bank account just disappeared! SMB originally showed at estimated ship date of 8/25. It was finally updated yesterday the first time since my order on 8/20 and now shows a ship date of 8/29 which is tomorrow. It shows credit approved when I check my order status, so Im assuming that they will charge my debit card again when it ships. I will post back tomorrow with an update if I actually get charged for the TP or if it ships.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Just to update everyone. My charge had disappeared off my bank account last week for the TP. Originally showed ship date of 8/25. Then it changed to 8/29. Just checked my bank account and the charge for the TP is bank on by bank account again. Maybe it will actually ship today!

EDIT:
Just looked at the new charge on my bank account and it shows as preauthorization and shows a date of 9/1. I'm guessing 9/1 would be the day the preauthorization drops off.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Well even though hp smb charged my bank account again for the touchpad(hold) and I had a ship date of 8/29 there is still no news, email, update of any sort. It still shows delivery date of 9/2 but I'm not expecting that at all. I figure about tomorrow the hold on my account that's actually dated 9/1 will drop off for the second time!

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Joe_T said:
I ordered 1, 16GB on August 20th from SMB and have had my order status in "admin" for 10 days now, no correspondences since the initial confirmation email. I called HP today and was told 6-8 weeks. I asked if it was canceled and they assured me it was not.
Wow, I too ordered on 8/20 around 2pm cst. My order status has been on admin since the day of the order. I've had a hold put on my card, taken off and as of now the hold they put on my card again this past Tuesday is still there. However the hold is dated 9/1 so it'll either post to my bank account tomorrow or HP will drop the hold again. Original delivery date was 9/1 now it's 9/2 so maybe it'll just be here in the next day or so. If I remember right someone had posted that they received no notification until 5 hours before it was delivered. I'm not to far away from just saying to heck with it and checking into canceling the order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.