Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
rockwoodsfinest said:
shit,looks like I got a refund too....no cancellation email but the money got put back on my card...
so is HP getting more on the home site?
Do you think it was a refund? I know Saturday when I placed the order I had 2 charges on my account. One for $1 which I assume was authorization, and the second for $105.93 the amount of the touchpad. I first noticed that it had dropped off my account on Tuesday, but not like a refund would have been. It was like the charge never happened. So Im guessing it was a hold for that amount and once they realized they were backordered they dropped the hold. Normally on a refund I'd still see the charge and I'd see where the money was put back. My order status still shows backordered but a shipping date of today. If it was going to ship today, I thunk I would have heard something by now or at least they'd hit my bank account again!

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Was on the phone for an hour today and accidentally hung up. Pretty long hold if you ask me. Ordered mine on the 21st at around 2 am...Would of been the 20th but their website was being hammered and it literally took me almost 3 hours to place a order constantly refreshing pages. My credit is showing the payment has vanished off my transactions today, it was there the past few days...

No tracking number yet or anything. Ship date was listed as the 23rd on the order status page...::sigh::....I really want a TP >_<. Anyone actually receive one from HP SMB without a tracking number being provided? I'm so confuzzled right now >_<

·
Supporting Member
273 Posts
"shane369 said:
Do you think it was a refund? I know Saturday when I placed the order I had 2 charges on my account. One for $1 which I assume was authorization, and the second for $105.93 the amount of the touchpad. I first noticed that it had dropped off my account on Tuesday, but not like a refund would have been. It was like the charge never happened. So Im guessing it was a hold for that amount and once they realized they were backordered they dropped the hold. Normally on a refund I'd still see the charge and I'd see where the money was put back. My order status still shows backordered but a shipping date of today. If it was going to ship today, I thunk I would have heard something by now or at least they'd hit my bank account again!
Don't be so sure about that. I didn't get any shipping/tracking info until 5 hours before it hit my doorstep. ;-) have faith guys!

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
TheRealBeesley said:
Don't be so sure about that. I didn't get any shipping/tracking info until 5 hours before it hit my doorstep. ;-) have faith guys!
Well hopefully mine comes unexpectedly today and that the times and everything are still all messed up. I ordered mine August 21, 7:00pm ET
and the order status finally changed for the first time saying my credit card was approved, but the planned delivery date is September 14! I can't wait that long!

But at least i got one. My 2 from OnSale thru Amazon were canceled.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
ncdub said:
Just checked and my pending charge is no longer shoeing in my account either. Estimated ship date of today though. I just hope I don't get screwed!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Pending charges only stay up for a few days depending on your bank/credit card company. You will be charged and you will get one.
They also pulled back some charges because they removed the shipping fees.

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
I talked to HP small business on the phone. They will honor all orders before the deadline that were not cancelled and have confirmation. I have 4 confirmed. The items will be charged when they ship. HP has ordered extras from the manufacturer in China to fulfill the orders. They will take 3 weeks to get to you. Slowest boat from China.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
This is BS. I put an order in 2AM on the 20th. Some kind of error happened and made a duplicate of the order. One was canceled and the other apparently had some problem authorizing and according to the person was "saved as a quote" and will get canceled. BS.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
hmm - ordered mine on Monday afternoon, site was so hammered I ended up with 2 but proceeded anyway as I didn't want peterfares scenario to play out.
I expected a cancellation, instead I got an Order Confirmation today. Of course I still have no shipping info so who knows.
HPs site and order handling really suck!

·
Average Android
301 Posts
are they not going to inform us via email about the wait time? i ordered sat night 11pm got confirmation email 2 days later. And nothen sense did notice expected delivery got changed to 32nd but who knows if that means anything at this point lol. and onsale sux ass.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Well, my date has at least finally changed on my order from smb. Original ship date was 8/25 with delivery date of 9/1. Today it is showing a ship date of 8/29 with delivery of 9/2 so realistically it's only a 1 day difference. At least some activity finally!

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Ordered my Touchpad Saturday 8/20/11 5 EST from SMB and my estimated arrival was 8/25/11 but I still haven't received anything. Called HP, and they said some Touchpads are shipping September 1st and 8th. Hopefully I will get mine soon.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
When I check my order status ->here<- it says planned ship date is today, 8/27. Seeing as the day is almost over, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. I don't care if it's going to take longer to arrive, I just dislike not knowing what is going on... Gimme an update HP!

:p

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I got my confirmation letter and when I looked at line details it shows a request ship date of 9/06. I used my debit card and the money has been released back into my account so I don't know what is going on here. It does show credit approved though. I guess I will wait to see if I get a shipment confirmation letter.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
pahealton said:
I got my confirmation letter and when I looked at line details it shows a request ship date of 9/06. I used my debit card and the money has been released back into my account so I don't know what is going on here. It does show credit approved though. I guess I will wait to see if I get a shipment confirmation letter.
I am in the same boat. Earlier this week the charge on my bank account just disappeared! SMB originally showed at estimated ship date of 8/25. It was finally updated yesterday the first time since my order on 8/20 and now shows a ship date of 8/29 which is tomorrow. It shows credit approved when I check my order status, so Im assuming that they will charge my debit card again when it ships. I will post back tomorrow with an update if I actually get charged for the TP or if it ships.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
shane369 said:
I am in the same boat. Earlier this week the charge on my bank account just disappeared! SMB originally showed at estimated ship date of 8/25. It was finally updated yesterday the first time since my order on 8/20 and now shows a ship date of 8/29 which is tomorrow. It shows credit approved when I check my order status, so Im assuming that they will charge my debit card again when it ships. I will post back tomorrow with an update if I actually get charged for the TP or if it ships.
I'm curious as well. I'm in a similar situation. Keep us posted please.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I got a touchpad in my smb cart on Saturday (8/20) but couldn't complete the order. I completed it on Monday morning at 7am. On Tuesday, I got a confirmation email. On Wednesday I got a cancellation email.

However, if I check order status, the order is still there, status is "admin" and delivery date is sept 1. The temporary charge is still posted on my credit card. Do the other "cancelled" smb people see the same thing or have I fallen through a crack and still have a shot at getting one?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.