Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Ordered 8/20 around 2pm. Confirmation recieved later that day. Nothing heard since then. Charge disappeared from my debit card a few days later. Just noticed my account has had the charge reapplied but my confirmation hasn't been updated. Wonder if something special will be waiting for me when I get home. :) Fingers crossed!

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Just to update everyone. My charge had disappeared off my bank account last week for the TP. Originally showed ship date of 8/25. Then it changed to 8/29. Just checked my bank account and the charge for the TP is bank on by bank account again. Maybe it will actually ship today!

EDIT:
Just looked at the new charge on my bank account and it shows as preauthorization and shows a date of 9/1. I'm guessing 9/1 would be the day the preauthorization drops off.

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
Another one of my orders was updated today to show a shipping date of 9/4, which is rather funny as shipping carrier in the US are closed for the labor day weekend and it would be impossible to even have a shipment picked up or put on any kind of truck until 9/6 at the earliest. So the looks like another make believe shipping date from the make believe company. And we wonder why it is closed its hardware business.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
pantrybear said:
I got a touchpad in my smb cart on Saturday (8/20) but couldn't complete the order. I completed it on Monday morning at 7am. On Tuesday, I got a confirmation email. On Wednesday I got a cancellation email.

However, if I check order status, the order is still there, status is "admin" and delivery date is sept 1. The temporary charge is still posted on my credit card. Do the other "cancelled" smb people see the same thing or have I fallen through a crack and still have a shot at getting one?
According to the faq posted by HP, it looks like you placed your order too late.

For orders placed after 4am CT on Monday 22nd August, US SMB had already sold out of HP TouchPad. We are unable to fulfill these orders and they have been cancelled. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card, no actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released now that the order has been cancelled.
For everyone, more info about touchpad orders from HP stores:
http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/Answering-Your-Questions-Part-2/ba-p/68749

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
so im confused....i have the order confirmation from when i placed the order and it states that my order has been submitted for processing and will be reviewed on 8/21 at 1:50am. i did not get an email from hp until 8/22 at 6.05am .....did i get my order in on time? If i go to check on order status it is still there and i never received a cancellation notice....should i contact them??? so confused i just want my touchpad!!!

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Just got through to HP...Talked to the rep and gave him my order number which was placed on the 21st of august at around 1:30 am.

Estimated time to get it in from the warehouse and ship to me..6-8 weeks!...ROFL...time for me to slit my wrists...-_-

I hope that rep was HEAVILY exaggerating...

·
433 Posts
aevasqu2 said:
oh wow! ha! on the positive side if it takes that long to get them here, the might have a fully working android port.
I got my tablet a few days ago, I've hardly used it. WebOS just isn't for me. So even though I already have mine, I won't really be using it anyway until android is working anyway.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
Kamrooz said:
Just got through to HP...Talked to the rep and gave him my order number which was placed on the 21st of august at around 1:30 am.

Estimated time to get it in from the warehouse and ship to me..6-8 weeks!...ROFL...time for me to slit my wrists...-_-

I hope that rep was HEAVILY exaggerating...
Wow, I placed mine on August 20th at 9:54pm, i got a confirmation email shipping out on the 6th, arriving on the 7th. I can't believe that it actually might take that long, most likely just the standard business practice of "6-8 weeks".

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Well even though hp smb charged my bank account again for the touchpad(hold) and I had a ship date of 8/29 there is still no news, email, update of any sort. It still shows delivery date of 9/2 but I'm not expecting that at all. I figure about tomorrow the hold on my account that's actually dated 9/1 will drop off for the second time!

·
Average Android
62 Posts
It really depends on when you ordered it..if you missed the cut off you will get a cancellation email, if not you will probably not get a shipping update for a few weeks. I'm still waiting on my shipping email.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Guys, this is what i found on HP SMB website.

You can check your order status here. If your order is not recognized, please check your order status again the next business day. When inventory has been allocated the status will change to "shipped." Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the order status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You can only be certain that we have identified a unit to fulfill your order once the order status shows a shipment tracking number.

·
Supporting Member
63 Posts
I ordered 1, 16GB on August 20th from SMB and have had my order status in "admin" for 10 days now, no correspondences since the initial confirmation email. I called HP today and was told 6-8 weeks. I asked if it was canceled and they assured me it was not.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Joe_T said:
I ordered 1, 16GB on August 20th from SMB and have had my order status in "admin" for 10 days now, no correspondences since the initial confirmation email. I called HP today and was told 6-8 weeks. I asked if it was canceled and they assured me it was not.
Wow, I too ordered on 8/20 around 2pm cst. My order status has been on admin since the day of the order. I've had a hold put on my card, taken off and as of now the hold they put on my card again this past Tuesday is still there. However the hold is dated 9/1 so it'll either post to my bank account tomorrow or HP will drop the hold again. Original delivery date was 9/1 now it's 9/2 so maybe it'll just be here in the next day or so. If I remember right someone had posted that they received no notification until 5 hours before it was delivered. I'm not to far away from just saying to heck with it and checking into canceling the order.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
shane369 said:
Wow, I too ordered on 8/20 around 2pm cst. My order status has been on admin since the day of the order. I've had a hold put on my card, taken off and as of now the hold they put on my card again this past Tuesday is still there. However the hold is dated 9/1 so it'll either post to my bank account tomorrow or HP will drop the hold again. Original delivery date was 9/1 now it's 9/2 so maybe it'll just be here in the next day or so. If I remember right someone had posted that they received no notification until 5 hours before it was delivered. I'm not to far away from just saying to heck with it and checking into canceling the order.
I had a hold placed on my Credit Card as well and it has been there for two days. The delivery date on both places to check order were the 31st, so i was hopefull to receive something today, however that did not happen. upon returning to check my status delivery date has been re-upated to "date to follow." Looks like it will be a few weeks for all of us.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.