Android OS Forum banner
841 - 857 of 857 Posts

·
7-ziping till my fingers hurt
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
I wood loove to run a mod'd anim when launching an app from recents. jb 4.1 was cool, jb 4.2 is not. psyntyst, can you port over the 4.1 recents animation or make a twisted rubik (or the like) mod for it? I'd love you loooong time!
That along with launching apps from the dock of your launcher are being overridden by something somewhere, and i have yet to find out where it is
i believe that i will have to get into the java portion to change this animation. however i also believe relative to my reading that once i do ill be able to attemp to create 3d animations. But ill probably be mia for like 3 months again. my drafter has army training for three months so im a custom home designer by day and a custom cabin designer by night for the duration. and it takes longer than people think to model a 2 million dollar cabin ha ha. But ill continue to look and test until i find it in my spare time.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
thepsyntyst, WTF! I've been lurking just patiently waiting for a few stable version but man oh man have i been missing out. This test3 of yours brings my galaxy note 2 to life. Thanks man!

·
Registered
26 Posts
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!! These animations are the Shiznit. You want me to make a video about then and put them on YouTube so you can embed it in the OP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!! These animations are the Shiznit. You want me to make a video about then and put them on YouTube so you can embed it in the OP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
if you would like, i have a bunch of videos of the different sets on my youtube. but feel free :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
So are you redoing the Ics animation to work with 4.2.1 also? Because that's what I'm looking forward to. I'm having the lock ring problem and the animation only works with closing apps

Sent from my cm10.1 Galaxy Nexus

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·
So are you redoing the Ics animation to work with 4.2.1 also? Because that's what I'm looking forward to. I'm having the lock ring problem and the animation only works with closing apps

Sent from my cm10.1 Galaxy Nexus
I already ported those animations

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are those the ones in the OP? Because with that one my lock ring disappears and the animation only works when closing an app

·
Android Apprentice
565 Posts
Are those the ones in the OP? Because with that one my lock ring disappears and the animation only works when closing an app

re: ICS animation set, it will hide the lockring on the lock screen if on a cynanogen mod rom or a rom based on it, like, say, liquid or carbon. u can still unlock phone, just swipe where you would regularly. This hidden lockring thing doesn't happen on aokp based builds. The ics set will over right all but the anim from launcher to app. use nova launcher or adw if u want pure ics anims.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, I was using the invisible lock ring for a while but I didn't think about the launcher thing.

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
Someday soon my friend. I'm almost caught up at work... Then I have to finish my house but that should be done mid summer then I'll be back on the animation grind!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATTENTION JELLY BEAN USERS!!!! working framework animations in just a few easy steps.

Install psyntyst animations through - rom toolbox pro - theme manager - the psyntyst - ( choose theme ) -> and deselect the grow and shrink sections ( check the attached thumbnails; there should be 6 in total). when hitting install you will be prompt to do a backup of the current framework, hit yes ;for obvious reasons.

I have to mention that I'm on the latest 4.2.2 nightly cm 10.1 Galaxy S3, and although I installed only Rubik animation( my favorite ) , I believe the same operation successfully applies to the rest of the animations. Feel free to test.

EDIT: works for other animations too.

Before starting, backup your current rom.
P.S. whatever top-notch smartphone you'll break you never met me. ha.

Attachments

·
Thread Lurker
161 Posts
ATTENTION JELLY BEAN USERS!!!! working framework animations in just a few easy steps.

Install psyntyst animations through - rom toolbox pro - theme manager - the psyntyst - ( choose theme ) -> and deselect the grow and shrink sections ( check the attached thumbnails; there should be 6 in total). when hitting install you will be prompt to do a backup of the current framework, hit yes ;for obvious reasons.

I have to mention that I'm on the latest 4.2.2 nightly cm 10.1 Galaxy S3, and although I installed only Rubik animation( my favorite ) , I believe the same operation successfully applies to the rest of the animations. Feel free to test.

EDIT: works for other animations too.

Before starting, backup your current rom.
P.S. whatever top-notch smartphone you'll break you never met me. ha.
worked perfectly ty for the tip love these animations :3

841 - 857 of 857 Posts