Android OS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a kernel I can use with froyo mr2? All of the ones that I have tried prior have caused me to have no data.

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
"jessebarto said:
Does anyone know of a kernel I can use with froyo mr2? All of the ones that I have tried prior have caused me to have no data.
Which ones are those and what rom you on

·
Average Android
186 Posts
Me too. I prefer stock deodex'ed rooted. Imo has a froyo kernel, as well as Nerozehl on XDA, but I don't know if they work with 1.70.605.

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
"jessebarto said:
okay any suggestions on a good froyo rom? I'm not a big fan of gingerbread at this point in time
When I was on froyo I was on Eaton rom +1 for the battery life on that thing and its stable as hell if I have to go back on froyo that's where ill end up!

·
Average Android
116 Posts
I don't think anyone has pursued development of a kernel based on RUU 1.70. It's pretty much a dead end. There aren't going to be any further Froyo ROMs released. If you want to use a custom kernel, you'll have to use an RUU 1.68 based ROM and the old MR1 (1.68 and older radios), unless you use something like BAMF 1.8.6 which is basically RUU 1.68 ported for the newer MR2 radios. Sorry, but Froyo 1.70 is an evolutionary cul du sac. Gingerbread is the only thing going anywhere these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts