Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Standard Disclaimer: What you are about to do will void your warranty. There is also the slight possibility that you could damage your phone if you do it wrong -- and maybe even if you do it right. You undertake this activity with that in mind and are solely responsible for the results.

For those of you who have bricked your bionic you can now save it. By doing this it returns the phone to how you got it out of the box from Verizon. What are you doing? Well the Motorola recovery file was leaked out. This recovery file is called FXZ for the bionic. It puts android 2.3.4 back onto your device. Along with the stock boot image, BLUR, and bloatware. If you are in a boot-loop this will fix it by replacing the system. The only thing that is not returned to stock is your SD card.

This method only works on windows.
Download RSD LITE and FXZ File

FXZ file MD5: 96e10ae9b00b696e8efed0e076632a53

1. Install RSD Lite
2. Install the Bionic Drivers 32bit Driver 64bit Driver
3. Plug your bionic into the back of your computer. The front USB ports have been known to fail.
4. Open RSD Lite. Your device should show up if not wait a minute or two.
5. Browse to the FXZ file through RSD Lite by clicking the "..." after the input box
6. Wait for the file to load and select "Uncompress and Start Flashing"
7. This will take some time for it to flash DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT HAS FINISHED EVERYTHING!!!!
8. Your phone will boot into recovery and flash 2 radio files
9. Your phone is now returned to stock enjoy!

If your phone is not found in RSD Lite you can try putting the device into AP Fastboot mode.
1. Power the phone down
2. Hold the volume down and power button
3. Release the power button after a second or two. To exit the mode press and hold the power button for a second then release.

Thank you http://briefmobile.com for getting the files. Download for the FXZ from http://www.theandroidsource.com

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
I can't get rsd lite to recognize the tar file when I unzipp it is still a tar file. how do I get it to load into rsd lite. What do you set your phone on rsd flash mode or fastboot mode.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking into it, downloading the file now.

Sent from my Droid using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
rexboe said:
I can't get rsd lite to recognize the tar file when I unzipp it is still a tar file. how do I get it to load into rsd lite. What do you set your phone on rsd flash mode or fastboot mode.
As far as I understand the older version of RSD Lite may not work. Make sure you're on RSD Lite version 5.5 then press the ". . ." button next to the box labeled "Filename" to load the file. Has anyone flashed successfully?

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
I am using RSD 5.5 and downloaded the file. I did not do anything to it. I opened RSD clicked in the bar at the top found the file, clicked open. Then I uncompress and it ran.

I did not flash! I only tested to see if the file could be uncompressed.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
I have rsd lite 5.5 and it doesn't recognize the file don't no what I am doing wrong I think the file ext is a tar.tar on the file i downloaded am downloading again and will retry it.

Edit redownloaded and it still has a tar.tar ext if i change it to tar. gz it recognizes it thats what the link say the ext should be not sure if that would work or not

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It should be a .tar.gz when downloaded

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Yes the file in this post when you down load it it comes out as tar.tar and I changed to tar.gz and rsd lite did recognize it.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine came as a tar.gz...... can anyone host it? Or tell me how to host it? Its to big to put on mediafire unless I pay for it. I can host in Dropbox but it will get pounder and crash. PM me if you can help.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Do u think it will work by just changing the ext or should I wait til you get it hosted. I tried to download it from the orginal site that and it is also a tar.tar ext

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are comfortable changing the file then go for it. If not then wait for me to host it. Im working in it now but it may be a while

·
Average Android
311 Posts
rexboe said:
Do u think it will work by just changing the ext or should I wait til you get it hosted. I tried to download it from the orginal site that and it is also a tar.tar ext
Try using the method P3 suggests by CLICKING HERE

My phone wasn't bricked but I tried this method just for kicks and it works.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Ok guys upload is in progress. Says 30 mins left until finished. Sorry comcast has a data cap on my line. I will update the OP and tweet the DL link when its done.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP updated and im looking into linux and mac instructions. Will post tomorrow if I get it working.

·
Average Android
311 Posts
I can't get the latest RSD lite app to install. i keep getting the error 2738 code, saying its a problem with the package. Redownloaded, notta. Tried installing as Admin..nothing. No idea whats up. The fastboot method works though so hopefully i can figure out whats going on

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not sure why you are getting an error I installed a few times from that link.

·
Average Android
311 Posts
adroidman said:
I am not sure why you are getting an error I installed a few times from that link.

BootAnimator said:
I can't get the latest RSD lite app to install. i keep getting the error 2738 code, saying its a problem with the package. Redownloaded, notta. Tried installing as Admin..nothing. No idea whats up. The fastboot method works though so hopefully i can figure out whats going on
Got it fixed. Was a Windows registry error on my end. Fixed some keys and all was good :)

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Has anyone used this yet to confirm it works properly? Also, does it work the same way as sbfs for the DX? Is this system-only or full?

1 - 20 of 191 Posts