rmk· Virtuous Developer
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This project is a collaborative effort between rmk and eViL D:
Virtuous is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.
- Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.
- Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.
- Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
- Optical trackpad unlock/wake.
- Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.
- Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand)
- IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.
- Updated versions of all Market-available apps.
- All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.
- Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.
- Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.
- Disabled boot animation audio.
- Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.
- You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).
- Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.
- If you are coming from another stock Sense ROM, you may not have to wipe data. I obviously recommend wiping data (since it will eliminate any possibly bad/stale configuration), but the update script will not do so automatically during installation. Use your best judgement to determine what works best for you.
- Wipes are NOT required for any upgrade to/from any release with the same major version of the ROM; downgrades are a different story. Versioning schema is Major.Minor.Revision.
- Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.
- Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.
- After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.
As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.
Download Full 2.0.0 ROM