Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have just come from XDA too. I don't know what happened, but I was about to ask the same as Chakotey. I had a brick 3 months ago and just got a new DZ now. I first reloaded my Virtuous Sense 1.0.2 nandroid backup, then discovered a 2.0.0 was released in the meantime, wiped and installed it. But I have to say that I too notice slowness and hangs when moving from a page to another, or from closing/opening apps. Is it possible that apps like AppsOrganizer widgets and Blue Skies live wallpaper are not completely compatible? The AppsOrgenizer widgets often lag before open/close and BlueSkies sometimes crashes resetting to default wallpaper. Also I seem to experience a much higher battery consumption (half than before I'd say), even with JuiceDefender active. About what Arthur88 said, I have about 200 apps, of which 110 on SD 32 Gb class 6 and the rest on phone (520 Mb free out of 1.05 Gb). Procs in background are the standard ones, plus DW Contacts, for a total of 11 at 146 Mb of usage. What can I do to optimize stability and battery life more than this?
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
weezee said:
I have just come from XDA too. I don't know what happened, but I was about to ask the same as Chakotey. I had a brick 3 months ago and just got a new DZ now. I first reloaded my Virtuous Sense 1.0.2 nandroid backup, then discovered a 2.0.0 was released in the meantime, wiped and installed it. But I have to say that I too notice slowness and hangs when moving from a page to another, or from closing/opening apps. Is it possible that apps like AppsOrganizer widgets and Blue Skies live wallpaper are not completely compatible? The AppsOrgenizer widgets often lag before open/close and BlueSkies sometimes crashes resetting to default wallpaper. Also I seem to experience a much higher battery consumption (half than before I'd say), even with JuiceDefender active. About what Arthur88 said, I have about 200 apps, of which 110 on SD 32 Gb class 6 and the rest on phone (520 Mb free out of 1.05 Gb). Procs in background are the standard ones, plus DW Contacts, for a total of 11 at 146 Mb of usage. What can I do to optimize stability and battery life more than this?
Exactly 100% the same issius ;)
I have used App2SD to storage alls the apps on SD ;(
Restart almost every Day...normal Reboot not! fast.
I have FolderOrganizer too and the Folders open with about 1 sec ountil 2-3 sec ;(
Switching between the Desktops from 1 sec till 3 sec.
When i switched alle screen then it goes very smooth.
SD Card is a 16GB Class 4 with good write and read facts (testet it on my PC before)

Like i said my new Xperia Mini Pro hast now the same stuff on it (Navi, Folders, about 180 apps) and is much faster ;(
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
1 Posts
First of all, I wanna thank you !! DZ is my first android phone, rooted yesterday...
This afternoon I flashed this wonderful ROM and it seems working very nice !!!
I started at 15:00 with full battery....Now it's 00:00 and I have still 27% !

If consider I spent at least 3 hour "playing" with my setup, downloading and tapping tapping tapping :androidwink: the battery seems going fine !!

rmk said:
The current recommended radio is 26.04.02.17, which matches Virtuous 1.0's RUU base. This is the best choice for most users. Alternatively, for those on T-Mobile in the US, you may also consider 26.03.02.26, which is the latest OTA radio for this carrier.
I have found in my hardware 26.03.02.26 but i'm not living in the usa (i'm italian) :angel:

The question(s) is:

- Should I keep that and don't touch everything if it's working quite good ?
- Can I flash and flash-back in case of issues without problems ?
- Is it SAFER to make a backup of the entire system with clockwork before proceeding instead of flash and flash-back ? (Because on XDA someone says that switching between radios can make troubles with gps)

I'm asking because an italian proverb says:

"Never touch the shit or it may stink" :smile3:

And, if it is not worth, I don't wanna mess with a rom that seems working so fine!

Thanks !!
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
6 Posts
"Chakotey said:
Exactly 100% the same issius ;)
I have used App2SD to storage alls the apps on SD ;(
Restart almost every Day...normal Reboot not! fast.
I have FolderOrganizer too and the Folders open with about 1 sec ountil 2-3 sec ;(
Switching between the Desktops from 1 sec till 3 sec.
When i switched alle screen then it goes very smooth.
SD Card is a 16GB Class 4 with good write and read facts (testet it on my PC before)
All apps on SD would definitely bogs up the io stream. Better to put commonly used apps in internal memory. I put only rarely used apps on sd or better yet backup them with titanium backup and uninstall them. Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
4 Posts
azrash: Ok, will do, but then what's APP2SD for? Also, I wish to stress the fact that my HTC Desire Z with Virtuous 2.0.0 drains battery at light speed. When I use it moving things around or simply checking stuff and/or going online, the battery burns 1%/min. I mean that if I use it with no pause, I finish battery in 100 min or even less!! And this with JuiceDefender and almost no process running.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
6 Posts
"weezee said:
azrash: Ok, will do, but then what's APP2SD for? Also, I wish to stress the fact that my HTC Desire Z with Virtuous 2.0.0 drains battery at light speed. When I use it moving things around or simply checking stuff and/or going online, the battery burns 1%/min. I mean that if I use it with no pause, I finish battery in 100 min or even less!! And this with JuiceDefender and almost no process running.
App2sd is used when internal memory is full. It acts as one of the solution when internal memory is full. Regarding the battery usage, try completing a few full cycles of discharge and full charge. The rom would recalibrate the battery automatically and it should be fine after that

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
4 Posts
Ah ok, I've never let the battery fully discharge, I just charged it overnight before first usage. Ok, will do. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
Cecione79 said:
First of all, I wanna thank you !! DZ is my first android phone, rooted yesterday...
This afternoon I flashed this wonderful ROM and it seems working very nice !!!
I started at 15:00 with full battery....Now it's 00:00 and I have still 27% !

If consider I spent at least 3 hour "playing" with my setup, downloading and tapping tapping tapping :androidwink: the battery seems going fine !!

I have found in my hardware 26.03.02.26 but i'm not living in the usa (i'm italian) :angel:

The question(s) is:

- Should I keep that and don't touch everything if it's working quite good ?
- Can I flash and flash-back in case of issues without problems ?
- Is it SAFER to make a backup of the entire system with clockwork before proceeding instead of flash and flash-back ? (Because on XDA someone says that switching between radios can make troubles with gps)

I'm asking because an italian proverb says:

"Never touch the shit or it may stink" :smile3:

And, if it is not worth, I don't wanna mess with a rom that seems working so fine!

Thanks !!
The proverb you quote is the general rule of thumb when it comes to radios.
I would say "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it"

Glad you like the rom. :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
1 Posts
Moved from XDA to here as well. Is there any reason why rmk decided to dump XDA for good or am I misunderstandong something?

My issues:
- Every time updating or installing app from Market, playing music apps that use internet (Last.fm / Spotify etc.) and Widgetlocker quit/crash
- Spotify crash everytime push notification is received

Rmk promised some time to add fixed keymaps for scandinavian users, is there an update some where? I installed 2.0.0 about two months ago (June or July), is this the same version or updated one?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
157 Posts
weezee said:
Ah ok, I've never let the battery fully discharge, I just charged it overnight before first usage. Ok, will do. Thanks
woah woah woah, don't discharge your battery completley. that's the technique for older technology batteries. the ones that are in the dz are the newer types that prefer to be above 30% on average.
Just keep on using and charging it and after a few cycles it will calibrate itself. the full discharge thing is for old battery technology that requires you to "set its memory" so it knows what max and whats min. do not do that with your current battery since you'll just damage it.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
6 Posts
"mputtr said:
woah woah woah, don't discharge your battery completley. that's the technique for older technology batteries. the ones that are in the dz are the newer types that prefer to be above 30% on average.
Just keep on using and charging it and after a few cycles it will calibrate itself. the full discharge thing is for old battery technology that requires you to "set its memory" so it knows what max and whats min. do not do that with your current battery since you'll just damage it.
Oops my bad! Just moved from my old G1 last week. Would keep that in mind. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
157 Posts
np. just wanted to make sure you're not damaging the thing. it's an old technique but as I said, it's for the older battery type.
 
  • Like
Reactions: weezee

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
4 Posts
Thanks mputtr, just in time! I was at 12% and just read your msg. Immediately put on charge.

Allright, then the rule is to pass a few cycles of recharge NEVER going below 30%. Got it.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
157 Posts
Not never go below 30, but 30 to 90 i think, is the best place where it likes to be. you can go down to 5%, but all in all, the point is to make sure you don't drain it completley on purpose.
The tech allows you to simply charge when you want without losing a cycle.
in other words, it actually calculates how much was charged and adds that to the counter until it equlas 1 full cycle, then counts it as the 1 cycle charged, so you wont be losing anything by constantly charging and pulling it out.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
12 Posts
rolle said:
Moved from XDA to here as well. Is there any reason why rmk decided to dump XDA for good or am I misunderstandong something?
From what I understand, clashing and unsubstantiated accusing from other xda devs lead to some of the virtuous team moving away.

2.0.0 has been fairly solid, haven't gotten a force close in a very long time. There is a reason I like the stability of this version over Unity.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
10 Posts
Hey rmk, and others, quick question. Been using this, and previous Virtuous Sense roms in the past, but I've been having some issues with the flash. Not sure if it's a known issue, but the flash refuses to work. Installed with a clean wipe as I always do and did not restore any apps. Only realized this when I tried to use the camera last night. I'll try to recreate the situation and get a logcat asap. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
157 Posts
sorry, I'm not having that problem at all. I took quite a few pictures at a wedding with the flash on.
Is it possible for you to do a nandroid backup, superwipe, flash virtuous, let it settle, then test out camera with flash? (also make sure you set the flash on as well)
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
12 Posts
ANo problems with flash here either. Have you tried different browsers? If you meant camera flash that works fine for me too as well as flashlight.

I do have a minor problem with sms notifications. It seems I can't get the green led to blink anymore even though notifications are turned on and sms is checked in the settings for flash led.
I also noticed the trackpad will blink a few times and stop.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hello.
I have a problem with this rom
Rom the two devices are flashed with 2.0.0 show the problem that websites will not load properly, the error shows itself only when umts / gprs connections.
The sim card was swapped with another Also one that showed sim card in the test device (one tab) no error, the 2 th dz device already.
My network provider is Vodafone DE.
the error is, which is almost every 2nd webpage not displayed, the opera browser bar shows the following error "the gateway does not respond in the predetermined time".
Greeting Conan
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
kaijura said:
I do have a minor problem with sms notifications. It seems I can't get the green led to blink anymore even though notifications are turned on and sms is checked in the settings for flash led.
I also noticed the trackpad will blink a few times and stop.
same problem, used to work, now it just doesn't.
 
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Top