Android OS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:Screenshots

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.35.75.1).
  • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
  • Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
  • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
  • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
  • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices
Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
  • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)

Download Patch to v1.31.x to v1.31.3
(Fixes: In-Call Mic, Mobile Data, Boot Loops, Voice Search)

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Update Radio, Touchpad Firmware, Clockwork Recovery

This is the firmware which accompanies the FOTA. You can apply the update before or after installing the ROM. If you're having trouble flashing the ROM in the first place, then apply this first.

1. Download this PG32IMG.zip (MD5:de10c06482eaf9b3d0d058b607e2568c)
  2. Place it on your sdcard.
  3. Reboot into the bootloader. There are many ways to do this: Run 'adb reboot bootloader' or power down the device completely, hold the volume down and hold the power button to turn it back on.
  4. Select bootloader from the menu.
  5. You will see a green verification bar along the right side of the screen, push volume up when prompted to verify the update.
  6. Profit.

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Current Known Issues (updated 8/2/2011, 9:00PM PST)

1. [STRIKE]Some users stuck in reboot loops.[/STRIKE] (Fixed in v1.31.2).
  2. MMS not working. (See post #3 for a workaround)
  3. [STRIKE]Voice Search causes a crash.[/STRIKE] (Fixed in v1.31.2)
  4. [STRIKE]Visual voicemail is absent and will not install from the Market.[/STRIKE] (Invalid, could not reproduce)

I'll start working on these. I'm fairly convinced the boot loop issue is kernel related. It's the most critical of the 3 and the one I'll focus on first.

Instructions to fix MMS (by xelsewherex)

1. Go to the market and download apn backup and restore (Market Link APN B&R).
  2. Create a folder on your sdcard named APNBackupRestore if it doesn't exist already.
  3. Copy this file to APNBackupRestore folder (If you aren't doing this on desktop, hit menu now in xda and choose browser. File is an xml and your phone will not know what to do with it. Long press the link and use 'save link').
  4. Run APN Backup Restore and press Delete Apns and then Restore from the downloaded file.
  5. You should be good to go from there. MMS should now work and the softkey lights do as well.

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eioous said:
Ant chance this thread is going to be updated to new version?
It's getting difficult to update all our threads with each release. We'll probably just update the posts to reference the master page on our website and continue to answer inquiries/support issues in our forum threads. We're supporting quite a few devices and have threads for each one, so it's rather tedious.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
rmk said:
It's getting difficult to update all our threads with each release. We'll probably just update the posts to reference the master page on our website and continue to answer inquiries/support issues in our forum threads. We're supporting quite a few devices and have threads for each one, so it's rather tedious.
Ahhhh.....gotcha. I dont blame you. Thanks for the hard work!!! :android-smile:

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I love this rom from you guys, but I have a small "problem" with (all?) Virtuous roms. Norwegian special letters only show up as capital letters... Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I made a small Modification of Virtuous Unity 2.35.0

This version has Sense 2.1 and Sense 2.1 Widgets.. and scrolling background but Pyramid BASE.

'Upgrading' ur existing rom with this will result in NO working HTC widgets.. to fix this: Clear Dalvik cache after flashing and in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>HTC Sense>Press: "Clear Data".

I am NOT responsible for ruined setup's etc. ALWAYS make a nandroid backup before flashing this

Download it is:here

Code:
MD5: fd0767302af78243cbcff95d5b7aff1a
This is not a port of any kind of Virtuous' original ROM, All credit in creating it goes to Virtuous for creating this Fine Rom!

·
Android Apprentice
9 Posts
the newest version is my go to, love the feel and functionality, havent done any tweaks to it, its just sweet, may do some cache tweakin soon to get the quadrant up, but still searchin for things to do to it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts