Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 437 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Currently running this kernel on CM7 and its running like a champ. I think I finally found a setup I can live with. Thank you...

·
Android Apprentice
49 Posts
"xkngofqnz said:
yeahh but how much longer battery life do you get when using the ds over the cm7 one?
Like I said, it fluctuates up and down.. You have to play with it to understand it. You'll get quicker charges and it'll add battery percentage at times. Test it out. I would recommend SV.

Sent from a Nexus X by LG

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
it is from a pull request someone sent to rmcc but he hasn't merged it into main cm kernel. the original CM kernel's touch driver's sensitivity is slightly shifted towards the left side of the screen, so this driver basically make it so it is shifted back to center. ie, when you type with on-screen keyboard, the CM driver requires you touch slightly off-center towards left for it to register the key where as the newer driver u can touch the key in the center for a it to register.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
faux123 said:
it is from a pull request someone sent to rmcc but he hasn't merged it into main cm kernel. the original CM kernel's touch driver's sensitivity is slightly shifted towards the left side of the screen, so this driver basically make it so it is shifted back to center. ie, when you type with on-screen keyboard, the CM driver requires you touch slightly off-center towards left for it to register the key where as the newer driver u can touch the key in the center for a it to register.
Oh god yes. I was hoping this was the fix for that problem.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I love you faux... and I mean that in the least creepy way.

Sent from my butt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
faux123 said:
Version 0.3.7 is out. Kernel Patched to patch level 2.6.32.42 :android-smile: Enjoy!
works great! keep it up! linpacks and quadrant are keeping their value and I don't see any problems other than the battery stats bug, but I don't care about that. :p looking forward to seeing what's next.

·
Android Apprentice
49 Posts
For the love of Morfic's Kernels, I said I wouldn't flash any cept his, but when I seen enhancements from GB source code had to try. Smooth as a baby's ass! Although I got a brick when UVing (set on boot) with SV after reboot.. :-DE

Sent from a Nexus X by LG

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Wifi is a little buggy for me sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't like can't connect works fine when on the .7 one

it works but doesn't connect by itself i have to press connect and it doesnt' refresh the networks all the time i have to turn it off and turn it back on even if i press menu>scan

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
@Faux Hey man, would you mind peeping at this last_kmsg please?

http://db.tt/HnKaubz

I've gotten two random reboots while typing some IMs. Shoot me some ideas if you have time :)

Kernel: Latest UV/OC @1.1 (I do not even have setCPU or anything installed)
ROM: CM7 nightly - 99

As a temporary fix I'll go to the SV, and I'll report back

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
everest_deth said:
@Faux Hey man, would you mind peeping at this last_kmsg please?

http://db.tt/HnKaubz

I've gotten two random reboots while typing some IMs. Shoot me some ideas if you have time :)

Kernel: Latest UV/OC @1.1 (I do not even have setCPU or anything installed)
ROM: CM7 nightly - 99

As a temporary fix I'll go to the SV, and I'll report back
Sorry, any crash on UV kernel will not be supported :( There are simply too many variables involved for UV/OC combination for it to be reliable. I have been running .38 all day with all sorts of apps and still haven't had a single glitch on it. I will keep an eye on it still, so far it's been pretty smooth esp with the additional RAM recovered by RZ swap and Carveout killer.

41 - 60 of 437 Posts