305 Posts
Mod Type:: Boot Animation

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: RC 2

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::
Disclaimer: If you choose to flash this boot animation you take it upon yourself to know what you're doing. The install script & boot animation have been tested twice and work on ICS 4.0.3. I am in no way responsible if for whatever reason you break your phone or flash it on another version of Android.

Millions of thanks go out to JaeKar99 for him repeatedly helping me in getting starting with Boot Animations, giving me tips and just generally putting up with my questions! That guy is awesome! (Get it? THATguy
lol jk)

Anyways, here is my first Boot Animation I am actually going to release to the public. It's by no means perfect, but I kinda like it TBH.

I would appreciate ANY and ALL feedback you may have. Maybe I'll even get a couple of thanks and Ill be motivated to broaden my After Effects & Boot Animation knowledge to bring out more.

Installation: Simply flash in CWM. You do not need to wipe or do anything crazy. This will install in /data/local/.

I want my original Boot Animation back!!: Fine, I see how it is!
Just Kidding. No problem! Simply delete the bootanimation.zip in your /data/local/ folder. It will go back to your original.

Changelog:

Apple Android 1.0 - Initial Release
Apple Android 2.0 -
  • Made the updater-script a bit prettier.
  • Fixed the "light bar" on top of the screen during the last sequences of the animation.

(NOTE: For some reason the Animation seems fast. I suck with .gif images. The last part of it pulsating is the part that actually loops more than once.)

Download v2.0 4.0.3

·
Wannabe GFX Guy
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Going to try this when I flash another ICS ROM for my Evo 4G.
Please note that the screen resolution is for 720 x 1280 ... the Galaxy Nexus screen size. No idea what it is for Evo 4G or how itll turn out.

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
Love this just installed working wonderfully thank you so much.

Reactions: HemiDroid03

·
Wannabe GFX Guy
305 Posts
Any chance you could make it for 480x800 sized screens?
Screen of what device is that? (For personal note :) ) And yeah Im sure I can do that in a bit. Gotta feed the daughter some lunch first.

Might take some tinkering around since the original Aspect Ratio is 16:9 and your resolution is 5:3 but we'll see what I can come up with

Here it is. Since I can't really test it as far as how it looks on the screen, let me know man!

NOTE: This one is not flashable. Rename to bootanimation.zip and put it wherever it goes on your phone.

http://www.thatguy188.com/AppleAndroid480x800.zip

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Screen of what device is that? (For personal note :) ) And yeah Im sure I can do that in a bit. Gotta feed the daughter some lunch first.

Might take some tinkering around since the original Aspect Ratio is 16:9 and your resolution is 5:3 but we'll see what I can come up with

Here it is. Since I can't really test it as far as how it looks on the screen, let me know man!

NOTE: This one is not flashable. Rename to bootanimation.zip and put it wherever it goes on your phone.

http://www.thatguy18...roid480x800.zip
Awesome! It's for my HTC Incredible 2. A lot of devices use that resolution though :)

·
Scripting Samurai
1,034 Posts
Mod Type:: Boot Animation

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: RC 2

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::
Disclaimer: If you choose to flash this boot animation you take it upon yourself to know what you're doing. The install script & boot animation have been tested twice and work on ICS 4.0.3. I am in no way responsible if for whatever reason you break your phone or flash it on another version of Android.

Millions of thanks go out to JaeKar99 for him repeatedly helping me in getting starting with Boot Animations, giving me tips and just generally putting up with my questions! That guy is awesome! (Get it? THATguy
lol jk)

Anyways, here is my first Boot Animation I am actually going to release to the public. It's by no means perfect, but I kinda like it TBH.

I would appreciate ANY and ALL feedback you may have. Maybe I'll even get a couple of thanks and Ill be motivated to broaden my After Effects & Boot Animation knowledge to bring out more.

Installation: Simply flash in CWM. You do not need to wipe or do anything crazy. This will install in /data/local/.

I want my original Boot Animation back!!: Fine, I see how it is!
Just Kidding. No problem! Simply delete the bootanimation.zip in your /data/local/ folder. It will go back to your original.

Changelog:

Apple Android 1.0 - Initial Release
Apple Android 2.0 -
  • Made the updater-script a bit prettier.
  • Fixed the "light bar" on top of the screen during the last sequences of the animation.
(NOTE: For some reason the Animation seems fast. I suck with .gif images. The last part of it pulsating is the part that actually loops more than once.)

Download v2.0 4.0.3
Looks like the link for this is gone. I was hoping to see your installer script. Any chance you could post it? I am making my own boot animation but having trouble making it a flashable zip. Have done many other mods but assume I need to modify the installer script to copy the data tot he right location.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts