·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
mirris added to get you guys rolling until the server is fixed

·
Registered
171 Posts
... do I have to wipe data if I am on 4.8? What is the reason you are not answering my question? You don't see it, don't know, don't want to bother (2-3 letters, yes/no)... huh.

·
G33kY
598 Posts
... do I have to wipe data if I am on 4.8? What is the reason you are not answering my question? You don't see it, don't know, don't want to bother (2-3 letters, yes/no)... huh.
I think he answers when he has time. Don't demand anything, unless you're paying something for this rom (which you are not).

No, you don't need to wipe, it is said in the FIRST POST.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I didn't demand anything. I was just asking.

I have read that on the first page, but wanted to confirm it. On the page below under installation instructions it is not mentioned. First part of the instructions looks outdated and not so well reviewed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think he answers when he has time. Don't demand anything, unless you're paying something for this rom (which you are not).

No, you don't need to wipe, it is said in the FIRST POST.
Regarding your statement that I am not paying anything, I would just remind you that you are not prophet or similar to know what I am doing privately. I like to support developers (especially OS) when I can (I code too) and I donated him fife bucks, and I hope I'll do it again. In last month I spent ~50 $ on donations to different android projects.

That is not much, but I would like to see others doing the same. Not for android only, but OS in general especially Linux/bsd related projects.

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow guys I have my kids on Wed.. sorry can't be on the forums all the time :/

anyways no you don't have to wipe data if you are coming from gummy 0.3.0 or above..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you for the answer, and all of you from the gummy team for your work.

Sorry for whining. Took some meds which made me nervous.

The ROM workes nicely except that I have noticed increased battery drain when idle. ~ 15% in 4 h and 20 min.

I attached screenshot with more info.

Attachments

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Thank you for the answer, and all of you from the gummy team for your work.

Sorry for whining. Took some meds which made me nervous.

The ROM workes nicely except that I have noticed increased battery drain when idle. ~ 15% in 4 h and 20 min.

I attached screenshot with more info.
From the screenshot, it seems something is waking the phone all the time (Android OS is the main consumer). Check with betterbatterystats for Kernel wakelock or other wakelocks and hunt down the rogue process.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi inffy,

thanks. I installed BetterBatteryStats. Here links to 3 screenshots of BetterBatteryStats, and one of CPU Spy screen, since I am not allowed to use 'Image' function with that file extension?

http://www.box.com/s...xl7knuyl939j7r4
http://www.box.com/s...z5bj56rtp5986j4
http://www.box.com/s...dtblco2srs8j1cd
http://www.box.com/s...tpjze0atq1akjop

There is a guy at xda forum who has the same problem. As he stated, CPU Spy reports CPU is mostly in deep sleep.

The GUI behaved strange sometimes too. Actually it was pretty smooth usually, but sometimes, like after comming from settings screen, or after unlocking the screen, it would flash, like icons would disappear then a sec, and then show up, a couple of times in a row.

0.4.8 worked well for me, so I flashed recovery of it. Will wait for next version probably.

Edit:

Yes forgot to say, I have noticed that WIFI Scan Interval was set to 15, and since I saw claims that that could be cause of bad battery life, I increased it to 150. though it didn't seem to me it helped.

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Couldn't see anything special on those screens...only thing that comes to mind is that process called zygote...i have no idea what that is...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Couldn't see anything special on those screens...only thing that comes to mind is that process called zygote...i have no idea what that is...
[ At boot time, a special instance of the Java VM is launched, called the Zygote. This process loads a bunch of the core Java classes and performs initial processing of them, making it possible to avoid this step for each app launch. Once the initial work is done, the process listens to a socket and waits for requests. ]
http://blog.vlad1.com/2009/11/19/android-hacking-part-1-of-probably-many/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Most people who use GummyNex have CDMA Phones (which have larger batteries), maybe that is a reason they do not notice any remarkable difference in battery life...?

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
updated to 0.5.4 checkout the changelog

Oh and there is no need to wipe data if you are coming from GummyNex 3.0 and grater

21 - 40 of 153 Posts