Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the whole rooting process. I do not have a computer at home and i recently got a new computer at work so i decided to give wugfresh root tool kit a shot. First off i know i shouldn't have rooted before i learned how exactly it works, well i'm past that ...anyway i successfully rooted the phone but wanted to learn how to get it un-rooted and back to stock, And that is where it ended. I flashed it and it was stuck on sending radios, after minutes of nothing i hit power button to start, i'm on a black screen with Google and a lock at bottom. I can manually get into fastboot. I've tried all suggestions on flashing images and all that and with my lack of experience i cannot do it. I've been reading i may need SDK tools on my computer??? (again i'm new lol) i tried to install that and having problems there to. Is there a guide for morons on how to do it all.?? If someone can help me please email me [email protected] or reply to this. I NEED SOMEONES HELP PLEASE

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
How to unlock/root (Droid-Life's site): http://www.droid-lif...covery-verizon/

How to unroot/lock (it's pinned in this very forum): http://rootzwiki.com...oot-and-relock/

Android SDK download/how-to install link: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
NOTE: You'll want to make sure the Android SDK Platform-Tools are selected. There's a link there on describing how to install the Android SDK.

I would suggest you follow the unroot/lock link, as this will provide the links necessary to download the 4.0.2 images needed to send to your phone via fastboot. How long did you wait for it to send the radio? It can take up to five minutes for it to complete, so patience is key, and you should have let it sit for at least five minutes, if not longer there. You're lucky you don't have a $600 brick right now.

I've followed both of the methods described in both of the links to unlock/root and root/lock, so there shouldn't be issues if you follow the steps. I've never heard of or used the wugfresh root tool, so I cannot help you there.

What issues are you having installing the SDK? Is this a Windows computer, Linux...? Do you have Administrator/Root privileges on this computer so you can install programs? You download it, install it, and then let it update/download what it needs. Depending on what it needs to download and your connection speed, that could take some time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i let it sit for like 15 minutes. And another thing is my computer went down after i rooted and lost all my saved documents ...dont know if what i need was on there to properly get it back. So when i download this stuff should it all be downloaded in sdk tools??? that may be my problem. Yes i can download anything i want, Im just so new to the computer thing i have no idea what all this means. i am very familiar with my phones though. Well ill try to follow those directions. Hope i can. Thank \s for your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i let it sit for like 15 minutes. And another thing is my computer went down after i rooted and lost all my saved documents ...dont know if what i need was on there to properly get it back. So when i download this stuff should it all be downloaded in sdk tools??? that may be my problem. Yes i can download anything i want, Im just so new to the computer thing i have no idea what all this means. i am very familiar with my phones though. Well ill try to follow those directions. Hope i can. Thank \s for your help
my computer is windows xp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How to unlock/root (Droid-Life's site): http://www.droid-lif...covery-verizon/

How to unroot/lock (it's pinned in this very forum): http://rootzwiki.com...oot-and-relock/

Android SDK download/how-to install link: http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html
NOTE: You'll want to make sure the Android SDK Platform-Tools are selected. There's a link there on describing how to install the Android SDK.

I would suggest you follow the unroot/lock link, as this will provide the links necessary to download the 4.0.2 images needed to send to your phone via fastboot. How long did you wait for it to send the radio? It can take up to five minutes for it to complete, so patience is key, and you should have let it sit for at least five minutes, if not longer there. You're lucky you don't have a $600 brick right now.

I've followed both of the methods described in both of the links to unlock/root and root/lock, so there shouldn't be issues if you follow the steps. I've never heard of or used the wugfresh root tool, so I cannot help you there.

What issues are you having installing the SDK? Is this a Windows computer, Linux...? Do you have Administrator/Root privileges on this computer so you can install programs? You download it, install it, and then let it update/download what it needs. Depending on what it needs to download and your connection speed, that could take some time.
It says to extract to sdk tools where ADB and fastboot are. should i first download that tool?

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
It should be in SDK tools, you can verify that by going to that directory (Example, I keep my SDK folder on the root of the C: drive, so the path for me is C:\SDK\platform-tools). You should have an executable called SDK Manager.exe in your SDK folder. Chances are if that's there, it should be okay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It should be in SDK tools, you can verify that by going to that directory (Example, I keep my SDK folder on the root of the C: drive, so the path for me is C:\SDK\platform-tools). You should have an executable called SDK Manager.exe in your SDK folder. Chances are if that's there, it should be okay.
so my first thing is to download the sdk program. correct? and move it to (c) drive

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
It says to extract to sdk tools where ADB and fastboot are. should i first download that tool?
For the unroot/lock instructions? It says to download the 4.0.2 zip file, and extract those files into the directory where adb/fastboot are located.

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
okay let me download that and get some of MY work at work done and ill get back. ok. thanks so far. you will get me thru it. lol
No problem.

I have had Android SDK installed for a while, so I can't 100% remember what it'll ask, but keep the path simple. Something like C:\sdk\, that way you can get to it easy in a command prompt window. ADB and fastboot will be located inside of your SDK folder, inside the folder named platform-tools. You'll want to verify that you see adb.exe and fastboot.exe, and if you do everything should be installed correctly. If fastboot.exe isn't there, we can copy it/download it from another location.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem.

I have had Android SDK installed for a while, so I can't 100% remember what it'll ask, but keep the path simple. Something like C:\sdk\, that way you can get to it easy in a command prompt window. ADB and fastboot will be located inside of your SDK folder, inside the folder named platform-tools. You'll want to verify that you see adb.exe and fastboot.exe, and if you do everything should be installed correctly. If fastboot.exe isn't there, we can copy it/download it from another location.
i got it downloaded to my main (c) drive and i have sdk all set up. ADB and fastboot are in the tool folder. Now what? This may take till tomorrow because of my work but if you are willing to help im willing to learn. Thank you. ill be leaving today at 3:30 and ill hollar at you tomorrow on what we dont finish.

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
i got it downloaded to my main (c) drive and i have sdk all set up. ADB and fastboot are in the tool folder. Now what? This may take till tomorrow because of my work but if you are willing to help im willing to learn. Thank you. ill be leaving today at 3:30 and ill hollar at you tomorrow on what we dont finish.
Now that you have that installed, follow the link in post #2 for unroot/lock instructions. Download the zip and extract the contents to the SDK folder where fastboot.exe lives, then follow the instructions.

Don't need to re-lock the bootloader at all, just flash the images per the instructions. The bootloader doesn't need re-locking, the important part is seeing if the phone takes the factory images ok.

Sorry, got busy with work this afternoon, and tomorrow I'll be out in the field doing some work, so I'll try to check back to see how things are going.

Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your help so far. Work is understandable. Im going give it a go here shortly. Wish me luck. I wish i would have learned more about this before i did it. Uts rather interesting. I may not have been in this sistuation. Anyway ill keep you posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.