Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Android Apprentice
18 Posts
cereal killer said:

I posted this elsewhere but I wanted to share it here with everyone. I'm a newb here so hello :)

Things get more confusing with the latest news of a 1.4GHZ Galaxy S device. According to Phonedog , Samsung is planning to release an improved version of the Galaxy S II in August or September that's meant to do battle with Apple's next generation iPhone and its A5 processor.

The Samsung device may be named the Galaxy S II Plus and is said to pack a 1.4GHz processor, 1GB RAM, and Android 2.3.4.

So will this be the handset that will see a US release and could this be the reason the handset has not been announced yet? Releasing a Galaxy S II handset then shortly after releasing the Plus version does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Why not just get the Plus out the door in August and be done with it? So many questions.....

Thoughts, opinions, theories?

Source: PhoneDog
So the SGS 2 that was at FCC with AT&T/Roger bands with a Nvidia processor, wonder what Ghz they are setting it at.

· Android Apprentice
18 Posts
sparty569 said:
If I could tell Samsung anything, I would say "Add some thickness to your phones and make them 4G."

That is the only reason I am considering the Bionic when it comes out.
I also hope that it comes with LTE, but if it doesn't and with 3G, then I still get it with 3G. Since I work in a validation lab with rows of servers, getting LTE is not happening. I am mostly 3G at work, and WiFi at home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.