Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having an issue with my charging port. I've only had the phone for 2 months and all of a sudden its not charging my battery. When the phone is on I'll get a few charging notifications on/off and the same goes with the phone being off.

There is no physical damage or water damage that i can see (the sticker still has pink 'x' marks)

I called Verizon and explained the information to them and we went through the process of reseting the phone. The rep stated that it seems to be defected and is sending me a new one.

During that call she did not once ask me if the phone was rooted. All she said was that the company will check for physical and water damage and since the sticker is still intact there isn't going to be a problem. If there is physical damage they will charge upto $200 for the phone. I said the phone is in perfect shape, physically and no water damage that I can see. She said that's not going to be a problem

My question, is that if they send me the new phone and I send back mine, if its rooted they won't charge me that same price because all she asked was if the phone had physical damage or water damage, right??

Any help or experience would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Android Apprentice
329 Posts
I'd do the best you can to completely reset it to stock. Despite the rooting not causing the problem, the less they know about who/how many are rooted the better. I'd look into mobile Odin if you're interested in going back to stock and the usb port isn't working

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RootzWiki mobile app

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH NO! I tried to use Odin to unroot and got stuck at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

HELP!

·
Average Android
74 Posts
If you can get the port to work temporarily you will need to.plug into PC and use KIES to do an Emergency Recovery. It will be the only way to get back to complete stock in order for you to send it back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
30 Posts
My screen stopped working 3 weeks after getting my phone and I was unable to unroot. It took 6 months but tmo charged me an out-of-warrenty fee of $200 which I was able to talk them out of. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
the problem is often that the warranty papers mention that warranty will void if you alter the OS, with thius rule they have often the possibility to see it as an out of warranty repair, even if the problem has nothing to do with the rooting....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts