Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Supporting Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know that this is a very general question, and you aren't going to be able to get specific. But I really want to switch to Verizon (and hopefully use LTE), the goal being to get grandfathered in to unlimited data while it's still available. I feel like I am playing chicken waiting for an S2 announcement. I will pick up a charge if I have to, but the idea of Cyanogenmod on the s2 (sorry, I am not a big fan of TouchWiz) makes me salivate. I have been using the Galaxy S for a while now, and went in to compare the Thunderbolt to the Charge, and I literally can't go back to that screen, having used the Super AMOLED for as long as I have has made those other screens look dull.

But the Charge would be nothing more than a consolation prize. Can you say if the S2 will hit US shores sometime soon? Again, not expecting specifics, just hoping that it's somewhere on the near horizon.

·
Supporting Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is no way the version that CM has is LTE. So, yeah, I agree that it won't be out right away, but this is a pretty good sign that it could be available sometime in the foreseeable future. And as to being sure that the S2 will be LTE, who knows. From what I understand, current LTE radios are thicker than the S2.

It could come in a slightly different from factor to Verizon, but it's not something that should be automatically assumed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.