Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
****Mods, if this doesn't belong here then please move it. I just posted this in the development section because that is where it is on xda.**** Credit goes to BrwnSuperman for finding these and then I put them in a cwm flashable zip and posted them. So, I figured I would post this in the Development section since many of us are on mtd roms and most of these roms have been updated to the new 2.3.5 Android code. Here are the updated 2.3.5 GB gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?67t2077vf4q3zd6 Included are the new gtalk, new car home, new market, updated google search, and all the rest of the little system service apps that you can't download from the market. All (I think) updated to 2.3.5. Flash from cwm recovery and enjoy. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phince1 said:
Can you just flash this over the old one?
You can, just wipe cache/dalvik.......you might end up having to delete duplicates though. Just do so through titanium backup or something similar.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
kidserious said:
You can, just wipe cache/dalvik.......you might end up having to delete duplicates though. Just do so through titanium backup or something similar.
I attempted to flash over the top of the old Gapps and ended up with a ton of FC's referencing GAPPS. Not a complaint just an FYI for anyone trying it this way. I would suggest a data wipe and starting fresh but to each his own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
akellar said:
I attempted to flash over the top of the old Gapps and ended up with a ton of FC's referencing GAPPS. Not a complaint just an FYI for anyone trying it this way. I would suggest a data wipe and starting fresh but to each his own.
Wow, really? When I did that it just gave me a bunch of duplicates. I just erased the old ones.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sundar2012 said:
does this have talk with the 3g/4g video fix?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
kidserious said:
Wow, really? When I did that it just gave me a bunch of duplicates. I just erased the old ones.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Yeah it worked fine for about 12 hours and then FC hell, all referencing different GAPPS pieces. With a clean wipe it worked perfect. Who knows, it could have been something else that just happened to coincide with the timing. Not a big deal, we all are pretty used to starting over from scratch at this point :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
akellar said:
Yeah it worked fine for about 12 hours and then FC hell, all referencing different GAPPS pieces. With a clean wipe it worked perfect. Who knows, it could have been something else that just happened to coincide with the timing. Not a big deal, we all are pretty used to starting over from scratch at this point :)
Yea, to hear that it worked at first for 12 hours, I think it was something else. But who cares as long as you're good now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
jazzyjames said:
Is there a way to rerun the apps installer if you click cancel at first? I tried reflashing it but it won't rerun it.
Only way I found to do it was to wipe data and/or reflash the rom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
akellar said:
Only way I found to do it was to wipe data and/or reflash the rom.
Yea, what he said. It sucks, but it is the only way I know to get it back. Try downloading the apps manually from the market.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
783 Posts
I have had success with deleteing the onetimeintializer.apk from system/app and then rebooting once before reflashing gapps. It worked for me once.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums App.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
arcadian said:
Market won't show Verizon or Verizon apps

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Because gapps are for AOSP builds which don't utilize proprietary crap from Samsung/Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top