Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Supporting Member
167 Posts
darkpark said:
welps! flashing .3 over .2 didn't work very well. gmail kept FC'ing even after i formatted /system and flashed .3 so i reverted to a nand-backup of .2 and i'll stay put with that for now. i don't want to do another data wipe again since i got everything setup so nicely with .2 just recently.
Adrynalyne, do you know what the changes are between .2 and .3? they can't be that significant, can they?
Did you try just wiping Dalvik and cache than flashing .3? You won't lose any of your data that way.

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
I flashed this yesterday and thought that I had lost Root when SU would not update. I then ran into a couple of error messages that mentioned that I may not have Root access. What was strange is that I could do certain tasks that need Root, but others would not work. Long story short, here is what I found:

This entry in System>>Build.prop was blank: 'ro.build.user= '

Expected entry in System>>Build.prop (can vary from rom-rom): 'ro.build.user=root'

Changing this entry to reflect a Root user restored my access and permissions. If others are having this issue, you may want to do this as well.

·
Developer
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think you are very confused.

The user line reflects the user account of the machine that compiled the rom (note the ro.build). It has absolutely nil to do with root access. Anyone having root access issues should consider wiping and/or not installing superuser updates from the market.

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
Adrynalyne said:
I think you are very confused.

The user line reflects the user account of the machine that compiled the rom (note the ro.build). It has absolutely nil to do with root access. Anyone having root access issues should consider wiping and/or not installing superuser updates from the market.
That is very strange. I cannot explain it, other than to say that something changed once I updated this entry in the Build.prop file. After that, I could update SU and have not had any issues since. Very strange indeed...

I believe that my wife will concur with your assessment of me being 'very confused' though. LOL :)

·
Infinite Noob
362 Posts
Would it be possible to get a wake on volume mod for this? Been looking around for a tutorial so I can try to do it myself, but have not found anything.

Thanks ...

·
Infinite Noob
362 Posts
Adrynalyne said:
I have a wake on volume mod floating around for 2.10. It is the same version framework and will work fine.
Awesome, thanks! I was gonna flash that one but wasn't sure if it would break stuff :)
Thanks again...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
I'm amazed the almost ota update still has the old market. Although it is much faster then the new one. Thanks adrenalyne. Beautiful rom

Edit. Weird it is the new market now? It opened as the old one first then the new one just now

·
Average Android
89 Posts
hopesrequiem said:
I'm amazed the almost ota update still has the old market. Although it is much faster then the new one. Thanks adrenalyne. Beautiful rom

Edit. Weird it is the new market now? It opened as the old one first then the new one just now
It updates itself.

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
I love this release. So smooth. Actually smoother then BAMF forever somehow

Edit.. how are more people not commenting? Best stock Rom ever. Ady, you and all of team BAMF are the best damn devs out there. Thank you so much for all your work.

·
Infinite Noob
362 Posts
hopesrequiem said:
Am I the only one using this?? Lol
Nope, I am still here :)

Flashed a few ROMs, but I keep restoring my backup of this. With the wake on volume mod, I am completely satisfied with this build.

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
"YankInDaSouth said:
Nope, I am still here :)

Flashed a few ROMs, but I keep restoring my backup of this. With the wake on volume mod, I am completely satisfied with this build.

Agreed. Better then all other roms I have tried. Not one fc. I'm staying on this. Only Rom that could take me off forever. Adrenalyne is my fav developer. I don't wanna play favorites but seriously.

·
Android Lover
246 Posts
"hopesrequiem said:
Agreed. Better then all other roms I have tried. Not one fc. I'm staying on this. Only Rom that could take me off forever. Adrenalyne is my fav developer. I don't wanna play favorites but seriously.
So how's battery life or can you give me a little review.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts