Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You could easily set it to load the module. The apps do because they load it via a super user command. Now to load it just add a custom init.rc and you have it in stock. We have .606's system and init dump which is almost identical to .607 (or you could dump .607 yourself). Just load it like you would any other module. DO NOT LOAD THE INIT THAT COMES WITH THIS! It is for CM and will get you a nice M Brick if you do and youll have to SBF. You will need to use blurs if you want it to auto start in blur. Also, It should work with MIUI as it uses CM as it's base.

·
You can haz Developer Status
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
"Blunderbuss said:
I am rooted, but have little experience scripting. Any chance on getting a bit of a tutorial on how to do this? It seems like a great thing to have working, but I haven't migrated from stock GB yet. As ridiculous as it may be, I use that dang alt-lock key all the time.
Download and unzip the package, inside the /system/etc/init.d folder is a perfect example of a basic shell script :)

And that alt-lock thing bugs me to no end as well...

"aceoyame said:
You could easily set it to load the module. The apps do because they load it via a super user command. Now to load it just add a custom init.rc and you have it in stock. We have .606's system and init dump which is almost identical to .607 (or you could dump .607 yourself). Just load it like you would any other module. DO NOT LOAD THE INIT AS IT COMES WITH THIS! It is for CM and will get you a nice M Brick if you do and youll have to SBF. You will need to use blurs if you want it to auto start in blur. Also, It should work with MIUI as it uses CM as it's base.
Well said.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
bikedude880 said:
Download and unzip the package, inside the /system/etc/init.d folder is a perfect example of a basic shell script :)

And that alt-lock thing bugs me to no end as well...

Well said.
We do have a good lead alt lock. Just need to dump the init ramdisk and grab a sh file that creates the /etc/12m folder.

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
aceoyame said:
We do have a good lead alt lock. Just need to dump the init ramdisk and grab a sh file that creates the /etc/12m folder.
That is purely awesome, no doubt.

I've also heard reports of 15 hours and 70% battery left (as well as my own 21 hours, 50% left). Seems to be a welcome addition thusfar :D

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
kevdliu said:
bikedude are you on cm? if so which version?
CM7-GB Nightly 10012011 (10-01-2011).

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Mine is never on..... I have problems with my mac address changing on reboot (we use mac filter rather than a wep/wpa key) so rather than having to change it every time I want to use it i just dont use it. Besides, i would rather use my laptop than my phone for 'net.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I do as wifi takes less power. Also, I do what 13th said I overclock but I use lower voltages for the other speeds. I also don't have many auto syncs, just my email every half hour

·
Average Android
289 Posts
aceoyame said:
You could easily set it to load the module. The apps do because they load it via a super user command. Now to load it just add a custom init.rc and you have it in stock. We have .606's system and init dump which is almost identical to .607 (or you could dump .607 yourself). Just load it like you would any other module. DO NOT LOAD THE INIT THAT COMES WITH THIS! It is for CM and will get you a nice M Brick if you do and youll have to SBF. You will need to use blurs if you want it to auto start in blur. Also, It should work with MIUI as it uses CM as it's base.
Ok, this is pretty intriguing. I will do some googling to figure out how to dump .607 and install modules before I fill the thread with noob questions. If anyone has a good FAQ or intro to these topics, I'd appreciate a PM to save me some time.

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
13th.. how do you install? Is this for stock rooted 607? If so I downloaded, went into cwr tried to install. It got stuck and I had to remove battery to get out if cwr.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
dolfns99 said:
13th.. how do you install? Is this for stock rooted 607? If so I downloaded, went into cwr tried to install. It got stuck and I had to remove battery to get out if cwr.
thats just a system dump of .607, not something to flash or install.....

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
"sb56637 said:
Can anybody confirm that this works on MIUI? Id like to give it a shot.
Go ahead and try it. The worst that will happen is it won't show up xD

21 - 40 of 129 Posts