Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
You can haz Developer Status
1,090 Posts
Blunderbuss said:
@bikedude any update on getting 5 channels (or whatever they're called) to work with smartass?
I'm glad you asked, I've currently got AOSP and a custom rom on the burners right now and Battlefield 3 just came out. I've got the information on how to build it and the moto kernel source is set up and builds, just gotta integrate and make the module really... but the afformentioned items are occupying my time.

So long story short: I'm lazy/"busy"

·
Average Android
162 Posts
I mentioned this on the muiu thread but I will do so here as well.
I have been using smartass clocked at 300/600 and angels syctl configuration on muiu, and I am getting ridiculous battery life. I went 9+ hrs heavy use before having to recharge.
Thanks to both of you for your work.

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
bdsullivan said:
I mentioned this on the muiu thread but I will do so here as well.
I have been using smartass clocked at 300/600 and angels syctl configuration on muiu, and I am getting ridiculous battery life. I went 9+ hrs heavy use before having to recharge.
Thanks to both of you for your work.
Good. Get ready for my rom then (well, not soon, but soonish). It'll incorporate a few optimized defaults

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
Those are performance tweaks, not batt. They make a HUGE difference in performance if set right though.

This is what I set mine up as
Code:
<br />
vm.dirty_radio = 90<br />
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 55<br />
vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5<br />
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1<br />
vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096<br />
vm.swappiness = 0<br />
kernel.sched_latency_ns = 500000<br />
kernel.sched_min_granularity = 1000000<br />
kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns = 1000000<br />
vm.panic_on_oom = 2<br />
kernel.panic = 5<br />
Thats optimized based on Imoseyon and Drod2169's findings and much discussion with Derek (drod). I would recommend using a higher vm.vfs_cache_pressure value unless you are willing to set up a crontab to dump caches pretty frequently. Imoseyon suggested using "vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 20" on his blog unless you setup a crontab. I set my crontab for every 6 hours, rather aggressive but I have never had any problems with it. This page explains how to set up the crontab and in the comments in how to set it to drop caches.

Most of those values are explained on Imoseyon's blog if anyone is interested in the reasons why they are set like that

I also use a rather extensive init.d system but thats a topic for another thread/post.
Angel can I just go with these with cache_press=20 since I'm too lazy to setup chron? thanks!

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
Okay I just flashed this and set my max clock speed to 800. We will see how it goes. I was already getting pretty good batt life to begin with. Free juice is always a good thing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
nailbomb3 said:
And here we go...

Smartass
800mhz clock
Jakebites mods

The best question is: does it still feel snappy?

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
That was on a homemade version of the GB-based CM7GB... it has all of the changes in 10-06 build, but my build environment has a couple customizations, such as the sysctl.conf gets built in, and I tweaked build.prop a bit to remove the minimum touch event delay, and increase dalvik heap size a bit... all doable with the 10-06 build, root explorer and/or adb and some knowhow.
Trying your sysctl values. What do you set dalvik heap too?

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
I like to be complete =P

Also, I like to tweak as much as I can. It gives me something to do when I'm bored as hell and cant have my phone not working. Sysctl and init.d are relatively safe things to test in those situations.

This is my full init.d/sysctl + cron tweaks in a flashable zip if anyone wants: http://x13thangelx.s....net/tweaks.zip
DO NOT UNCOMMENT THE OC SCRIPT IN INIT.D. It will cause problems, trust me. It was a wip but I kinda gave up on it. Its included if anyone wants to mess with it for lulz though.

standard disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your device
Okay I cleaned out Jakebites and Smartass and flashed your .zip Brother. Going to give SetCPU progressive underclocking another shot now.

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Keifla96 said:
Anybody try this with quickclock advanced as opposed to setcpu on CM?
Anybody try reading the thread? Answer is on page back.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts