Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Hey kids!!

Many of you may know me from XDA, before I was banned for life for telling them they were morons!! I guess they couldn't handle the truth!!

One thing I missed on XDA was a place to have a general, open discussion about ANYTHING related to this wonderful epad. There, you had to be on-topic and in the proper thread, or some asshole named Jerdog would bark at you and make you feel bad...and then excommunicate you!

So let's let the open forum begin...

First topic; For those of you having the charging issue, it IS the charging block that came with your TF. ASUS admitted that, finally, Saturday. They say to contact them and they'll send you a new one, BUT...

Getting through to them is a nightmare.

Office Depot sells ASUS TFs and accessories cheaper than ASUS does, and for $29.99 you can get the legit charging block, and it's $20 less than ASUS sells it for. It's even in the ASUS packaging. For $30 bucks I stopped wasting my valuable time and bit the bullet.

Okay...what else ya wanna talk about?

:tongue3:
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DougJamal said:
Hahaha....I see you've started off with a bang!
Welcome DJ! Did I see earlier you were thinking of getting a Transformer?
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
57 Posts
Hola Neil, glad we still have the curmudgeon just in new diggs... I may be picking up a Transformer tomorrow... hopefully I won't be having any of the charging issues... and i have no clue if there is an office despot anywhere near me :/
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vanessaem said:
Hi Neil! :android-smile:
Ahhhhh, the Beauty visits the Beasts...welcome Miss V!!!

theELEETEone said:
Hola Neil, glad we still have the curmudgeon just in new diggs... I may be picking up a Transformer tomorrow... hopefully I won't be having any of the charging issues... and i have no clue if there is an office despot anywhere near me :/
THey claim the newer ones ship with a functional charging block. The former block wouldn't charge if you were over 90%, not necessarily a bad thing, but it wouldn't work at other times, (intermittently and randomly), too.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
57 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
Ahhhhh, the Beauty visits the Beasts...welcome Miss V!!!

THey claim the newer ones ship with a functional charging block. The former block wouldn't charge if you were over 90%, not necessarily a bad thing, but it wouldn't work at other times, (intermittently and randomly), too.
Well i'll be picking mine up at BJ's so its probably an "older" one ...
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
172 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
Hey kids!!

Many of you may know me from XDA, before I was banned for life for telling them they were morons!!

One thing I missed on XDA was a place to have a general, open discussion about ANYTHING related to this wonderful epad. There, you had to be on-topic and in the proper thread, or some asshole named Jerdog would bark at you and make you feel bad...and then excommunicate you!

So let's let the open forum begin...

First topic; For those of you having the charging issue, it IS the charging block that came with your TF. ASUS admitted that, finally, Saturday. They say to contact them and they'll send you a new one, BUT...

Getting through to them is a nightmare.

Office Depot sells ASUS TFs and accessories cheaper than ASUS does, and for $29.99 you can get the legit charging block, and it's $20 less than ASUS sells it for. It's even in the ASUS packaging. For $30 bucks I stopped wasting my valuable time and bit the bullet.

Okay...what else ya wanna talk about?

:tongue3:
Neil, sorry about all the drama you endured on the other forum. I honestly don't think the OP and IronFist mod understood you point of view, but that is their loss. Glad to see you and the other "oldie" Mynions here. Not meaning in age but tenure. LOL. Bought a TF 3 weeks ago and like it so much better than my other play toy - Nook color. Lucked out on HP Touchpad and bought 4 32 GB ones on fire sale. Will be Christmas presents for my 4 oldest grandkids. Can't believe they were only $149 each. But I'm personally sticking with my TF powered with internet by my 3D.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
DowntownRDB said:
Neil, sorry about all the drama you endured on the other forum. I honestly don't think the OP and IronFist mod understood you point of view, but that is their loss. Glad to see you and the other "oldie" Mynions here. Not meaning in age but tenure. LOL. Bought a TF 3 weeks ago and like it so much better than my other play toy - Nook color. Lucked out on HP Touchpad and bought 4 32 GB ones on fire sale. Will be Christmas presents for my 4 oldest grandkids. Can't believe they were only $149 each. But I'm personally sticking with my TF powered with internet by my 3D.
Hey, Downtown!! Yeah, the support from the Mynions has been amazing. My getting booted just sped things up, though. Derek was already looking into moving the thread here until WarmDroid.Com is ready and my getting booted was a good catalyst. Glad I could help...:androidwink:

Between the OG4G and the Transformer, I feel like I have the perfect combo of toys. I tether the TF to the Evo on 4G all the time and get amazing speeds of 5-6MB. About the same as on my home WiFi.

What ROM are you running on your TF? I was running Prime 1.7, which I liked and then I found Revolver 2.1. Waaaaaay smoother and sleeker, especially with the Clemsyn kernel OCd to 1504. It updated today to 2.1.3 and the new Clemsyn 9 kernel hit and it's actually faster! Liking it a lot.

Which is ironic, because Gnufabio, (the guy who wrote the ROM) is primarily responsible for me getting booted off XDA. Asswipe. But Revolver has this built in app, Revolver Parts, that automatically updates the ROM and add-ons, so I don't have to deal with the pr#@k at all. And Roach (the guy who wrote Prime) and I were chatting on Freenode today and he's updating Prime to 1.8 this week, so I'll probably switch back when it's done. Lowetax is keeping me aware of what's going on, too. He and Derek both went to bat in my defense at XDA!! Unfortunately Jerdog is a bigger ass than Gnufabio...

So, keep checking in. I now have a relationship with a regional sales rep for ASUS, who's been sending me inside info on upcoming stuff, codes, apps, etc., and I'll be posting it here. And, as you know, I'm intense about my research so I'm keeping on top of everything Transformer. I have an ASUS laptop, too, which is an amazing piece of equipment as well (G73SW), so when I met the guy at Best Buy, he was a little amazed at my knowledge of ASUS. I've used their motherboards in the desktops I've built for years...

Let's keep the conversation going. I really like this site, a lot, and Myn says the site-runners are about as opposite from the XDA clowns as can be, especially in that they encourage this type of general thread.

And that is, as my Avatar would say, Excellent!!!

:smile3:
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
208 Posts
help !
running revolver on tf
went into cwm and did nan restore
rebooted and constant bootlooping
couldn't stop it
popped out sd card
got it back to recovery and it's stuck there at reboot system

what do i do now ?

any help would be much appreciated !
thanks

EDIT: i plug into pc - no beep -
adb devices - device not recognized
adb reboot recovery device not recognized

THANKS Jason & Neil for your help
when the eee was flashing -
ya gotta catch the blank screen
(in between the eee flashing on the display)
with power and volume down buttons pressed
and then volume up to get to recovery
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
57 Posts
Just picked up my transformer today...( in fact about 15 minutes ago ) just ordered the dock from Amazon for 125 plus 6 to ship.... :) im a happy lil kid right now
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
172 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
Hey, Downtown!! Yeah, the support from the Mynions has been amazing. My getting booted just sped things up, though. Derek was already looking into moving the thread here until WarmDroid.Com is ready and my getting booted was a good catalyst. Glad I could help...:androidwink:

Between the OG4G and the Transformer, I feel like I have the perfect combo of toys. I tether the TF to the Evo on 4G all the time and get amazing speeds of 5-6MB. About the same as on my home WiFi.

What ROM are you running on your TF? I was running Prime 1.7, which I liked and then I found Revolver 2.1. Waaaaaay smoother and sleeker, especially with the Clemsyn kernel OCd to 1504. It updated today to 2.1.3 and the new Clemsyn 9 kernel hit and it's actually faster! Liking it a lot.

Which is ironic, because Gnufabio, (the guy who wrote the ROM) is primarily responsible for me getting booted off XDA. Asswipe. But Revolver has this built in app, Revolver Parts, that automatically updates the ROM and add-ons, so I don't have to deal with the pr#@k at all. And Roach (the guy who wrote Prime) and I were chatting on Freenode today and he's updating Prime to 1.8 this week, so I'll probably switch back when it's done. Lowetax is keeping me aware of what's going on, too. He and Derek both went to bat in my defense at XDA!! Unfortunately Jerdog is a bigger ass than Gnufabio...

So, keep checking in. I now have a relationship with a regional sales rep for ASUS, who's been sending me inside info on upcoming stuff, codes, apps, etc., and I'll be posting it here. And, as you know, I'm intense about my research so I'm keeping on top of everything Transformer. I have an ASUS laptop, too, which is an amazing piece of equipment as well (G73SW), so when I met the guy at Best Buy, he was a little amazed at my knowledge of ASUS. I've used their motherboards in the desktops I've built for years...

Let's keep the conversation going. I really like this site, a lot, and Myn says the site-runners are about as opposite from the XDA clowns as can be, especially in that they encourage this type of general thread.

And that is, as my Avatar would say, Excellent!!!

:smile3:
Neil, on my TF I was on Roach's Prime 1.7 but like you decided to try the Revolver and find it to be faster and smoother. Again, like you said, having the Revolver Parts to do updates, etc. is a huge plus. Unfortunately, the Revolver thread is NOT user friendly. I even PM'd Gnufabio once after searching the entire thread and found no answer and got a very snotty, condescending reply from him. That thread is not at all like the Mynion community. It seems like they believe in knowledge is power and I'm not sharing any with you or anybody else. Just my humble opinion. Glad to hear you have built great rapport and relationship with the Asus rep. Will definitely serve to help us all out. I tried a Xoom and then a Samsung Tablet but didn't feel impressed with either one so I'm truly glad I stumbled upon the TF and bought it. Also glad I bought the docking station/keyboard. Great for extended battery life. Tethering off either my EVO 4G or EVO3D is great. Not the best speeds on the Sprint network here...yet. But I can't complain about Sprint's pricing. Just wish they would have invested more money in upgrading their network and not on buying out MOTO.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
172 Posts
theELEETEone said:
Just picked up my transformer today...( in fact about 15 minutes ago ) just ordered the dock from Amazon for 125 plus 6 to ship.... :) im a happy lil kid right now
All I can say is you are absolutely going to love it and you definitely didn't go wrong with ordering the dock. Now we just need to get more apps designed for our tablet and not "stretching" those designed for 4" smart phones. I'm patient so I know it will happen.
 

·
News Team
Joined
·
208 Posts
Hey all :) My husband and I are thinking about picking up 2 of these next week or so. Love this community, and love Android. Have been goofing around on my Droid X pretty much since I bought it, and am kind of a flashaholic. I think I'll have a lot of research to do for the TF - not even sure where to start yet! :) I'd like to avoid XDA as much as possible :p I don't mind going there for links, but ugh, that community.

Anyway, just introducing myself and saying hey :) Everyone seems pretty happy with their purchase and from what I can tell the modding options are good, but I've only just begun to do some reading. Hope to see you all around!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
172 Posts
ndwatkins said:
Hey all :) My husband and I are thinking about picking up 2 of these next week or so. Love this community, and love Android. Have been goofing around on my Droid X pretty much since I bought it, and am kind of a flashaholic. I think I'll have a lot of research to do for the TF - not even sure where to start yet! :) I'd like to avoid XDA as much as possible :p I don't mind going there for links, but ugh, that community.

Anyway, just introducing myself and saying hey :) Everyone seems pretty happy with their purchase and from what I can tell the modding options are good, but I've only just begun to do some reading. Hope to see you all around!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Welcome nd. I tried the Xoom and Samsung Tablet and for the price neither can hold a candle to the ASUS TF. This tablet is a beast. I opted to purchase the keyboard as I needed extended battery time based on some remote work I do. I tether it to either my EVO 4G or EVO 3D and can work from anywhere. The only slight drawback, and it is a minor one, is that at this time their is not an overwhelming amount of apps written specifically for tablets. I see more and more new ones daily so I know it is only a matter of time until the selection is satisfactory. My granddaughter has an IPAD and of course there are currently more apps for it. However, she always checks out my TF and gets upset when the TF can play flash on web sites and her IPAD can't. LOL
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
208 Posts
theELEETEone said:
Just picked up my transformer today...( in fact about 15 minutes ago ) just ordered the dock from Amazon for 125 plus 6 to ship.... :) im a happy lil kid right now
i'm such a follower :) amazon next day delivery (before the hurricane stops by) less $35 awards = $112 i can do that :)
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ndwatkins said:
Hey all :) My husband and I are thinking about picking up 2 of these next week or so. Love this community, and love Android. Have been goofing around on my Droid X pretty much since I bought it, and am kind of a flashaholic. I think I'll have a lot of research to do for the TF - not even sure where to start yet! :) I'd like to avoid XDA as much as possible :p I don't mind going there for links, but ugh, that community.

Anyway, just introducing myself and saying hey :) Everyone seems pretty happy with their purchase and from what I can tell the modding options are good, but I've only just begun to do some reading. Hope to see you all around!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard, ND!! You stumbled into a great thread for exploring the Transformer. Most of this group has history together, coming from the only 2 decent, well run, interesting, helpful, family threads on XDA - Myn's Warm 2.2 and Myn's Synergy, the 2 best EVO ROMs. The guy who developed them, and runs the threads is a kind, smart, really nice, ultra high-quality guy, and the ROMS were, too. The threads, naturally, were the same, and we've all gotten pretty close. The support's unsurpassed.

I can't believe you guys got the dock. I bought this to get UNtied from the keyboard! I have a really good, new ASUS laptop if I want one, but I've barely used it since getting the TF. I love the portability of it..

Agreed on the Prime/Revolver differences. Revolver is definitely smoother and faster, and I'm getting better battery life on it, too. Even OCd to 1504/interactive (w/ SetCPU, Bruce). I also agree about GnuFabio...moreso...he was instrumental in getting me booted off XDA. TG he has that Revolver Parts app. He puts everything in it, so I don't need the thread. 2.5 is gonna drop in the morning. Parts says it's uploading now. It's gotta be semi-major, too, 'cause of the jump in v #.

And Prime 1.8.4 beta is out, too. It's definitely an RC, likely a final, as there are NO bugs.I ran it for the day before popping back to Rev 2.1.4 tonight.

So, I've been trying to figure out how to add sound to the boot animation. The directory structure is different, so unlike the Evo the files don't go in the same directory, and the sound file's not named the same...I tried all combinations of both. Anyone got any ideas?

:_con:
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
57 Posts
"Persnlmgr said:
Welcome aboard, ND!! You stumbled into a great thread for exploring the Transformer. Most of this group has history together, coming from the only 2 decent, well run, interesting, helpful, family threads on XDA - Myn's Warm 2.2 and Myn's Synergy, the 2 best EVO ROMs. The guy who developed them, and runs the threads is a kind, smart, really nice, ultra high-quality guy, and the ROMS were, too. The threads, naturally, were the same, and we've all gotten pretty close. The support's unsurpassed.

I can't believe you guys got the dock. I bought this to get UNtied from the keyboard! I have a really good, new ASUS laptop if I want one, but I've barely used it since getting the TF. I love the portability of it..

Agreed on the Prime/Revolver differences. Revolver is definitely smoother and faster, and I'm getting better battery life on it, too. Even OCd to 1504/interactive (w/ SetCPU, Bruce). I also agree about GnuFabio...moreso...he was instrumental in getting me booted off XDA. TG he has that Revolver Parts app. He puts everything in it, so I don't need the thread. 2.5 is gonna drop in the morning. Parts says it's uploading now. It's gotta be semi-major, too, 'cause of the jump in v #.

And Prime 1.8.4 beta is out, too. It's definitely an RC, likely a final, as there are NO bugs.I ran it for the day before popping back to Rev 2.1.4 tonight.

So, I've been trying to figure out how to add sound to the boot animation. The directory structure is different, so unlike the Evo the files don't go in the same directory, and the sound file's not named the same...I tried all combinations of both. Anyone got any ideas?

:_con:
Neil... I'm all about versatility... Having the option to go from tab to netbook as well as the added battery is a major plus....and I just bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago... And I'm still considering purchasing the dual touch acer iconia laptop...
hi... My name is Shaun... I'm a tech-a-holic
 
1 - 20 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top