Android OS Forum banner
221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Got RP 3.2.3 to download, eventually, and all is good in my TF world. No more browser lagginess from the debug that wouldn't decamp!!

And funny, I caught my ASUS laptop drinking Tequila straight from the bottle last night. Poor guy, rarely even gets opened anymore...

Neil, glad you got RP 3.2.3 downloaded and all working properly. I pre-ordered a Transformer Prime as a combined birthday and Christmas gift for my daughter. She graduated from medical school and was using my TF101 off and on to study with, etc. but a couple of the apps she wanted to use were a bit buggy or laggy to be more precise on my TF101 so I'm hoping the more "powerful" Prime will suit her needs. For me the TF101 does everything I demand of it and then more. LOL

And to all readers of this thread - Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
DowntownRDB said:
Neil, glad you got RP 3.2.3 downloaded and all working properly. I pre-ordered a Transformer Prime as a combined birthday and Christmas gift for my daughter. She graduated from medical school and was using my TF101 off and on to study with, etc. but a couple of the apps she wanted to use were a bit buggy or laggy to be more precise on my TF101 so I'm hoping the more "powerful" Prime will suit her needs. For me the TF101 does everything I demand of it and then more. LOL

Thanks to you too!!!

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Anybody do a scrub/reinstall of 3.9.5 (instead of just an upgrade)?

Curious if it's worth wiping everything out and restarting...

·
Supporting Member
208 Posts
DowntownRDB said:

yo ! curious what apps the tf can't handle and even if oc'ed ?
i haven't been back to the tf since the new touchpad arrived, but i like em all - the nc, tf and tp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
curious if any of you linux/android vets might know, or have fiddled around to find out; since the TF101 (and several other tabs) have usb_host capability over storage media and the like, is it possible to connect to say, another Android phone working as "adb_host", so to speak.... id like to know if its possible without a working dualboot of ubuntu since i cant seem to get it to work. (B90 SBKv2 unit)

thanks

edit: was hoping someone was still active on this forum... guess not.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·

edit: was hoping someone was still active on this forum... guess not.
I'm still checking in daily, but unfortunately doesn't seem like anyone else is...

And, also unfortunately, I only played with Linux briefly, so can't really answer you. Doesn't seem unreasonable, though...

Back up then try it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
I'm still checking in daily, but unfortunately doesn't seem like anyone else is...

And, also unfortunately, I only played with Linux briefly, so can't really answer you. Doesn't seem unreasonable, though...

Back up then try it!

i dont think you understand my dilemma. I have no PC, and i cant flash ubuntu on my tf101 because of the bootkey issue. I want to run ADB natively from my Transformer, mounting my DInc, so that i can issue ADB commands to it thru TermEm, INSTEAD of them being issued to the Transformer.

as far as i know (hardware wise), the T101 should be CAPABLE of doing it, but i dont know if its supported by the OS or if i can just execute the correct command lines and have it. there should be no flashing necessary; ie no backups, but i need input.

I will continue to check back here hoping that someone will notice and can help.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
i dont think you understand my dilemma. I have no PC, and i cant flash ubuntu on my tf101 because of the bootkey issue. I want to run ADB natively from my Transformer, mounting my DInc, so that i can issue ADB commands to it thru TermEm, INSTEAD of them being issued to the Transformer.

as far as i know (hardware wise), the T101 should be CAPABLE of doing it, but i dont know if its supported by the OS or if i can just execute the correct command lines and have it. there should be no flashing necessary; ie no backups, but i need input.

I will continue to check back here hoping that someone will notice and can help.
Try looking here:

http://www.transformerforums.com/index.php

A really terrific Transformer site...

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Neil, Gnufabio just put out an update to Revolver (3.9.9) and is available via Revolver Parts OTA. However, some folks on that not to be named site are currently having WiFi connectivity issues following OTA Update. I, however, did a full update and all is working fine and butter smooth. D/L link to full update is here. Hope you and your kids had a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Persnlmgr

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Neil, appears Fabio got his Transformer Parts OTA fixed but he renamed it 3.10 in OTA (but says it is the same as the full 3.9.9) and WiFi is supposed to be fixed. New complaints now about a few tablets not able to go into Deep Sleep. I'm not having that issue myself but I used 3.9.9 full vice the TP OTA.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Since upgrading to Revolver 3.11, every time I boot I get "Process android.acore...has stopped" right after I unlock the screen. Then it seems laggy for a few minutes, and "catches up".

Anyone else having problems?

;(

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Since upgrading to Revolver 3.11, every time I boot I get "Process android.acore...has stopped" right after I unlock the screen. Then it seems laggy for a few minutes, and "catches up".

Anyone else having problems?

;(
Neil, did you OTA update through Rev. Parts? I did today and got same error. I then d/l 3.11 from that not to be named web site. Wiped cache and dalvik cache and then flashed. Now no problems. Give me a few and I'll upload you a full 3.11 to d/l and flash

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Neil, here is a d/l linky for Revolver 3.11 full zip. Hope it clears up your boot laggy issues.

You ready for the New Year? If not, too bad as it is coming anyway. LOL

Happy New Year.

Reactions: Persnlmgr

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Neil, here is a d/l linky for Revolver 3.11 full zip. Hope it clears up your boot laggy issues.

You ready for the New Year? If not, too bad as it is coming anyway. LOL

Happy New Year.
Revolver Parts actually worked properly for me and I got 3.11 without a problem...I thought!! Then I started getting that error message like every third or fourth time I rebooted... I'll d/l that XDA version and re-set. THANKS Rich!

When it works, though, not only has it resolved all lag issues, but I also d/l'd the Panda Test 15 kernel and it's F-ING AWESOME. Between the fixes in Revolver and the tweaks in the kernel it's like having a new TF...

Happy New Year to one and all, and especially good wishes to you, Rich, for your constant help with the XDA stuff!!

May the New Year bring copious amounts of Peace, Prosperity and Bliss to one and all!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI Everyone I have had nothing but problems with every TF I buy all has to do with lightbleeding issues I have bought around 5 returning and exchanging now I have had this one too long to exchange but I am still under warranty and also bought an extended warranty through best buy. Are thereat any TF that don't have lightbleed? Mine is only about 4 months old and I haven't used it a lot as I have so many electronics to play with but I am frustrated with the lightblled. Any suggestions? Oh btw I am new here and don't know much about rooting but want to learn thanks

221 - 236 of 236 Posts