Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
theELEETEone said:
Neil... I'm all about versatility... Having the option to go from tab to netbook as well as the added battery is a major plus....and I just bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago... And I'm still considering purchasing the dual touch acer iconia laptop...
hi... My name is Shaun... I'm a tech-a-holic
Yeah, Shaun, I think what I'm gonna do is wait to see if the dock drops in price, and if it gets around/under $100, I'll likely get one, and set my lappie up in a "permanent" position on my desk.

My (gorgeous, expensive, Italian leather) briefcase is designed to carry the lappie in a padded, center compartment, so if I carry the dock and tab I can always just leave the dock in the case until I need/want it.

And ....Hi, I'm Neil, and I, too, am a tech-a-holic...!!!

:androidwink:

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Inspite of what a $#@thead the dev is, Revolver 2.5 dropped this morning and it's sublime...faster,sleeker, smoother...flawless. Clemsyn 9 OCd to 1504 just makes it perfect.

And, coincidentally, Prime 1.8.4 beta dropped yesterday afternoon. It, too, is extremely nice, fast, smooth. And I love that Roach put in power-button options, but Revolver 2.5 wins by a slight edge. Maybe when Prime goes final it'll be there, but it isn't yet...

And, I've posted this in the other thread, but have to post it here, too...(sorry for the redundance):

WOW...I just logged on to the #asus-transformer# thread on Freenode and guess what?

I think they actually moved the thread, or changed its location just to keep me out!!! Too paranoid? Read on...

Up to, and as of, yesterday morning when I logged on there were always at least 50 people on it. But the moderators of (or at least major contributors to) that node are JERDOG and BADFROG, 2 of the sweethearts responsible for booting me off XDA. And yesterday morning about a minute after I logged in, jerkoff, er...jerdog, posted "Oh, look who's here...". I ignored him and did a private node chat with Roach, and logged off.

When I logged in last night and this morning the node was completely empty, save for me!!!

How juvenile. :_con:

SO GLAD TO BE ON ROOTZWIKI WITH MY MYNION FAMILY AND NEW FRIENDS!!!!! :grin3:

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Beautiful, REAL LEATHER CASE, plus bonus screen protector, $16.99!!!

Hey guys, I ordered one of these figuring what the heck for that price, and turns out, it's quite a nice case. I got it today (3 days!) and am very, very pleased. It even came with a free screen shield. I got the black, but they have 3 colors. I saw a VERY comparable one at Macy's for $40.

Highly Recommended!!

:smile3:

·
Supporting Member
208 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
Beautiful, REAL LEATHER CASE, plus bonus screen protector, $16.99!!!

Hey guys, I ordered one of these figuring what the heck for that price, and turns out, it's quite a nice case. I got it today (3 days!) and am very, very pleased. It even came with a free screen shield. I got the black, but they have 3 colors. I saw a VERY comparable one at Macy's for $40.

Highly Recommended!!

:smile3:
i should have mine today or tomorrow.
i wish i had videoed me at 3:30 am attempting to install
the Zagg Invisible shield ! FAIL !

guess i need to poke a hole in it and ask for a replacement !

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
lowetax said:
i should have mine today or tomorrow.
i wish i had videoed me at 3:30 am attempting to install
the Zagg Invisible shield ! FAIL !

guess i need to poke a hole in it and ask for a replacement !
Not a fan of screen protectors, especially with Gorilla Glass (which the TF uses). GG has a prism effect when you use most shields, which I hate, and it's likely strong enough to resist almost anything, so I'll pass.

I haven't used one on the Evo for almost a year now, and it's been okay.

The TF case is really, amazingly nice for that price. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

:android-smile:

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
I got my 32GB Transformer and dock on Monday from Newegg using their bundle deal. I like it a lot so far. The dock seems to slow down the whole system a bit but overall it is pretty nice.

I'm not sure if it is the YouTube app or what but I haven't seen videos buffer that much since using RealPlayer 10 years ago.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
naql said:
I got my 32GB Transformer and dock on Monday from Newegg using their bundle deal. I like it a lot so far. The dock seems to slow down the whole system a bit but overall it is pretty nice.

I'm not sure if it is the YouTube app or what but I haven't seen videos buffer that much since using RealPlayer 10 years ago.
What was the deal? What'd you get, for how much?

I debated getting the 32, but with all my pics, videos and music in the onboard "sdcard", I still have 8G left. Add to that my 16G C10 micro SD card (with only 5G of mostly CWM backups on it), and I'm good.

:grin3:

PS - the V6 Supercharger Script works wonders for the speed on this thing. Eliminates A LOT of the buffering, and its super simple to use. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Also, root it, and run Revolver 2.5 ROM with the Clemsyn 10 kernel overclocked to 1504 (with SetCPU) and the V6 script, and prepare to have your mind blown.

It runs as fast as my EVO with Synergy!!!

Reactions: naql

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
Neil, I'm now running the same ROM and kernel as you and you are 100% right. This beast is not only fast but smooth as butter. Thanks for the heads up on the script and kernel.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
Persnlmgr said:
What was the deal? What'd you get, for how much?
It was $689 for the Tablet, Keyboard, and the Asus sleeve.

PS - the V6 Supercharger Script works wonders for the speed on this thing. Eliminates A LOT of the buffering, and its super simple to use. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Also, root it, and run Revolver 2.5 ROM with the Clemsyn 10 kernel overclocked to 1504 (with SetCPU) and the V6 script, and prepare to have your mind blown.
I just rooted it today and loaded Revolver on it with the Clemsyn kernel. I need to get the script then.

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
naql said:
It was $689 for the Tablet, Keyboard, and the Asus sleeve.

I just rooted it today and loaded Revolver on it with the Clemsyn kernel. I need to get the script then.
That's a decent deal...

I think this is the location of the V6:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276&page=182 or maybe page 1 of this thread...

Use script update8, and set it to Option 8, and youre good.

Any problems, post here and I'll keep checking.

Also, if you're gonna stick with Revolver, d/l Revolver Parts v2 from the Market. It'll keep everything updated automatically.

And, download the Reboot2Recovery app, also, as the reboot recovery option in v2 is buried. You can just put the R2R app on your homescreen, and VOILA!

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
Thanks for the help I ran the script and it really seems to have made a difference. This thing really screams now.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I hope to be a tf owner soon. Until then I have good friends here and....good friends in the "real" world that have the tf. I did a lot of research on tablets and recommended the tf to several people, now they turn to me with questions. Yes. I'm a gluten for punishment :p

I have a question. What video conferencing program are you using? My friend uses GoToMeetings for work and he is having problems. First it was the microphone (a reboot fixed that), now he tells me the video doesn't work. Is video conferencing working for most of you with most programs and not just Google products?

Neil, I know you've used it (gtm). No problem right?

Also, I will be reallllly happy to find out when the tf gets Skype.

OK. As soon as I get a job, I'm getting the tf. Until then, if you'll have me, I'd like to hang around :)

Sent from my 3D Shooter using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
172 Posts
slugbug said:
I hope to be a tf owner soon. Until then I have good friends here and....good friends in the "real" world that have the tf. I did a lot of research on tablets and recommended the tf to several people, now they turn to me with questions. Yes. I'm a gluten for punishment :p

I have a question. What video conferencing program are you using? My friend uses GoToMeetings for work and he is having problems. First it was the microphone (a reboot fixed that), now he tells me the video doesn't work. Is video conferencing working for most of you with most programs and not just Google products?

Neil, I know you've used it (gtm). No problem right?

Also, I will be reallllly happy to find out when the tf gets Skype.

OK. As soon as I get a job, I'm getting the tf. Until then, if you'll have me, I'd like to hang around :)

Sent from my 3D Shooter using RootzWiki Forums
Tami, welcome to RootzWiki and the TF forum. I use GTM and initially had issues staying connected on my TF. Uninstalled, reinstalled and now works great on both 3G and WiFi. Have also tried Adobe Connect but much prefer GTM. Love my TF and rarely fire up my lappy now. TF tethered to my EVO 3D and I'm a happy camper.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
"DowntownRDB said:
Tami, welcome to RootzWiki and the TF forum. I use GTM and initially had issues staying connected on my TF. Uninstalled, reinstalled and now works great on both 3G and WiFi. Have also tried Adobe Connect but much prefer GTM. Love my TF and rarely fire up my lappy now. TF tethered to my EVO 3D and I'm a happy camper.
Hey there. Thanks so much. Just to confirm: you do not have any problems with video on GTM? He's not mentioned having problems staying connected. When he mentioned the first problem (microphone), I suggested 2 things - reboot, uninstall/reinstall :)

He uses his for work and GTM is where they have their video conferencing account. He usually uses the PC but hopes the tf will work if needed.

Thank you again

Sent from my NookColor using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I'm wondering if I have an apples to apples issue here (not of the ifruit variety :)

I am almost certain he is referring to the GTM business software or logging into their business account via the Internet from the tf. I now see that there us a GTM app. He wants/needs the software to work because sometimes he will be a presenter (i see that is a limitation of the app)

Either way...his video is not working :)

Sent from my NookColor using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
DowntownRDB said:
+1 to it all, with the exception being i tether to my OG4G in 4G and the TF flies!!

:grin3:

·
Supporting Member
40 Posts
Another Evo 4G/Synergy user (soon to be Evo 3D) and Asus TF (running Revolver 2.5) owner here checking in. Love how portable (even with the dock) and versatile (keeps me and my 5 year old entertained lol). I keep my HP Touchsmart Tm2 home now and carry the TF.

·
News Team
208 Posts
Bought ours today and love it! Already rooted and running Prime and Clemsyn kernel. Only issue so far is ADB isn't seeing the TF for some reason - I do have a Rules file, so not sure why.

Super happy with the purchase - next project is to see if I can get Hulu working :) I know there's some hackery out there.

Thanks everybody for being so welcoming!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
192 Posts
ndwatkins said:
Bought ours today and love it! Already rooted and running Prime and Clemsyn kernel. Only issue so far is ADB isn't seeing the TF for some reason - I do have a Rules file, so not sure why.

Super happy with the purchase - next project is to see if I can get Hulu working :) I know there's some hackery out there.

Thanks everybody for being so welcoming!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I liked Prime a lot, and Roach (the dev) is a good guy...but...

Revolver 2.5 is waaay slicker, smoother and faster (even though the dev is an ass...). It's even got a cool little Honeycomb app - Revolver Parts (from the Market) that keeps it updated and keeps you aware of any mods, tweaks, kernels, etc, automatically!! And, there's also an app (widget) for rebooting to recovery!

Use it with the Clemsyn Kernel #10, OverClocked to 1504 (with SetCPU) and the V6 Supercharger script.

I think this is the location of the V6:
Supercharger (it may be page 1 of this thread...)

Use script update8, and set it to Option 8, and you'll FLY....very very fast and stable.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
What's up guys, I'm trying to decide whether to get one soon or wait for the quad cores to come out. The reason behind it is my bday is in Oct. So it will be a present!!! But don't know what to do, I really like the tf, i have been doing research since it came out, so is has been a while. Any advice will be gladly accepted, thanks.

21 - 40 of 236 Posts