Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting on this forum and am offering my assistance in helping answers the questions of users in how to solve problems they are having with their phones while rooting, flashing new roms, and in installing recovery images.

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
It has been a LONG time since I rooted, but I highly recommend RZ Recovery to all.

Is RaidZero going to come over here?

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I would be happy to help also ... I've spent a lot of time getting to know android and I'm always happy to help.

One catch:
* I run linux ... period

I can help with adb, sdk, repo, distro setup, theming (to an extent), building the source and many other android hacking topics

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
yeah, I am here. I know a good amount about hacking android

RZR news: I have been working on porting my recovery to gingerbread code (in order to get it running on more devices), it hasn't been going smoothly. I first tried merging existing code forward port and back, didnt go very well. Now I have decided to do a complete re-write of the entire thing, and I expect no problems going that route. Plus I have learned a lot since the first renditions, so it should be cleaner

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Still no new ideas/possibilities of a terminal in recovery? IIRC jamezelle was trying to figure out if it could be done.

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
im trying to take my rooted droid1 and install peter alfonso's ginger bread, im a noob and im not ashamed to admit it, can one of you pro's take me under your wing and show me the ropes?

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"bignasty407 said:
is there a fix for the loss of 3g or is this phone a paperwait with wifi
Most new roms include the updated 3g fix written by cvpcs.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I guess this would fall into the etc category. Would any of you Gurus happen to know the 16 digit master code for the OG Droid?

Sent from my Vanilla GB Fascinate.

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm.sorry I can't help you. I have no knowledge of this 16 digit master code.

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree. CWM if you wish to use rom manager. Doesnt alwasy work when flashing through rom manager. But both CWM and RZR are the best available, and used manually are equally effective.

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
i have a droid running gpa16 and im trying to run scriptfusion but i dont have a bash file can you help?

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
yes ty can u help me with creating a bash.sh file?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts