Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my phone yesterday, cracked the screen. The phone still functions. Asurion is sending me a replacement on Tuesday.

I want to make sure I do this correctly. Here is my plan, please feel free to correct me....

1. Backup old phone using My Backup Root / Titanium Backup and then a Nandroid backup.

2. Put old memory card in new phone.

3. Root new phone

4. restore nandriod backup and hopefully not need Mybackup Root or Titanium Backup - backups.

5. Unroot old phone.

Is that about it? Am I missing anything?

Also I rooted very early (got my phone on release day). I am not even sure which method I used then. What is the current "best" way to root a TB?

Anything special about "unrooting" the old one before I send it back?

Thanks for everything,

DAVE

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
45Wheelgun said:
Dropped my phone yesterday, cracked the screen. The phone still functions. Asurion is sending me a replacement on Tuesday.

I want to make sure I do this correctly. Here is my plan, please feel free to correct me....

1. Backup old phone using My Backup Root / Titanium Backup and then a Nandroid backup.

2. Put old memory card in new phone.

3. Root new phone

4. restore nandriod backup and hopefully not need Mybackup Root or Titanium Backup - backups.

5. Unroot old phone.

Is that about it? Am I missing anything?

Also I rooted very early (got my phone on release day). I am not even sure which method I used then. What is the current "best" way to root a TB?

Anything special about "unrooting" the old one before I send it back?

Thanks for everything,

DAVE
Very surprised that they are replacing your phone for a cracked screen, they normally don't cover that under your warranty if the phone still functions

Swyped Thunder coming at you

·
Registered
351 Posts
Why would you be surprised? He said cracked screen and Asurion.... He didn't say he was getting it for free from Verizon. Asurion is the company you pay money to for them to cover all damages outside of your typical warranty issues. I'm not a 100% sure your back up will from one TB to another TB.. I mean you can try it, but I'm just not sure that's all... Not saying it can't be done.. As far as unrooting just run the last official ruu. Don't run one of the leaked ruu's though... It mat be on here all the ruu's that are available if not they are on www.teambamf.net I'm pretty sure.. Make sure it's the full joint in the PG05IMG.zip form and it has the recovery and hboot in it and that will get you straight..

·
Average Android
115 Posts
I would not recommend using a nand from an old phone to a new one. It could cause some issues, or at least that is what I have been told. If I were you, I would just use Titanium backup and other backup utilities.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
I just got a replacement TB from verizon because my speaker went out. And all I did was a nandroid backup and restored on the new phone. So far I haven't run into any issues with the restore.

Currently the easiest was to root would be revolutionary.io .But that is a windows and Linux only app.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts