Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"bigjobber69 said:
Can you use this with the GB bootloaders? I know that with the original Glitch kernel you could not......It would boot then if you reboot would freeze you up.
the thread I seen this in is closed.. It explained the problem I'm having.. Its great to know what is wrong now. But I don't know how to fix it.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I saw where JT said on twitter that the bootloaders didn't matter. Said there was big misunderstanding about the bootloaders. Apparently you can use any bootloader. Its not like GB bootloaders only.work with GB ROMs. Someone even made a comment they were using donut bootloaders. Now I'm not gonna say for certain this is the case but based on what I saw. It shouldn't matter what bootloader you're on.

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"scarmon25 said:
I saw where JT said on twitter that the bootloaders didn't matter. Said there was big misunderstanding about the bootloaders. Apparently you can use any bootloader. Its not like GB bootloaders only.work with GB ROMs. Someone even made a comment they were using donut bootloaders. Now I'm not gonna say for certain this is the case but based on what I saw. It shouldn't matter what bootloader you're on.
something is causing my phone to not reboot properly.. if I use power option "reboot recovery" it will seem to just shut down. But after that if I hold volume up and power it will force reboot and end up in recovery.. In fact using that button method is the only way any reboot will work.. Not sure what causes it.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Are you on glitch kernel now. If so are you undervolting at all? That is normally the cause of that. Too much undervolting

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"scarmon25 said:
Are you on glitch kernel now. If so are you undervolting at all? That is normally the cause of that. Too much undervolting
Yea.. I'm pretty severly undervolted at low clocks.. Think -150 at 100 mhz.. Im stable while running.. I'll try stock voltage and try a reboot. Thx

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Try taking the battery out for about five minutes and let it sit there. Also leave it at stock voltage when you do it. This can fix little issues like this. Its possible something happened when you had it undervolted and it needs to reset. Taking the battery out for a while should reset the components.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
scarmon25 said:
Try taking the battery out for about five minutes and let it sit there. Also leave it at stock voltage when you do it. This can fix little issues like this. Its possible something happened when you had it undervolted and it needs to reset. Taking the battery out for a while should reset the components.
Where can I find the gingerbread bootloader for a fascinate on miui 1.9.16

1 - 10 of 10 Posts