Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Developer
573 Posts
-=Das BAMF Uber BAMF Preview=-​

Frankly, these screenshots are old, but you get the idea.

So what is uber BAMF? We grabbed the new GB base and decided instead of re-basing all of our ROMs, why not just combine them? So, that's exactly what we did. Uber BAMF is a hybrid of the 2.1 ROMs and Sense 3 ROMs all rolled into one big hot-swappable "uber" ROM. Like the old Contra-style side-scrolling Rosie? It's in there. Prefer to have the 3D carousel from Sense 3, flick a switch and you've got that instead.

ThatDudeButch: Donate

Erishasnobattery: Donate

Adrynalyne: Donate

ihtfp69: Donate

-=FEATURES=-​

• Based on the latest GB leak. (credit to Chingy)
• Sense 3.0 Elements from the Shooter leak.
• All new BAMF Settings integrated into the stock settings menu. (Completely new courtesy of Erishasnobattery)
• Hot-Swappable Rosie
• Backup/Restore homescreens
• Selectable Sense 2.1/Sense 3 Lockscreen
• Built in Screen shot function courtesy of ihtfp69.
• Sense 3 Keyboard with Trace
• Fully working HTC Watch.
• Tons more

-=RECOMMENDED SETUP INSTRUCTIONS=-
• PLEASE PERFORM A FULL WIPE BEFORE FLASHING - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.
• AFTER SETTING UP GOOGLE ACCOUNT, LET GOOGLE SYNC FULLY TO AVOID LAG - A note on this...Google App restore is NOT working. We're looking into it, but no fix is apparent.
• Any radio after MR2 is acceptable, but the latest leak is providing excellent results.
• The installer is large and requires AT LEAST 120MB on your SD card. Please make sure this is available BEFORE you flash.

-=CHANGELOGS=-
Changelog For RC4.9:
  • Initial Release

-=Additional Thank Yous and Credits=-
  • A huge thank you to Koush for allowing us to use his "unattended flash" scripts. Without these, uber BAMF wouldn't exist.
  • Big thank you to the Unity team for the working HTC Watch app.
  • ihtfp69 for all his help getting the screen shot integrated, fixing Hot Restart, and "repairing" some default settings for us.
  • All the guys in the IRC channel that helped me out with shell commands when I was working on BAMF Settings.
  • thejondude for helping us to hash out the default settings.
  • Most importantly, all of our AWESOME users for sticking with us through the messy changeover and making this worth doing!
-=DOWNLOADS=-
http://t.co/2V459xJ

Team BAMF Forums

·
Developer
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
VERY IMPORTANT

Ok, even though this isn't out yet, people are already in a frenzy to add this and that mod and theme this or that. STOP. DON'T.

Right now, there are a grand total of 4 people who know how this ROM operates. I will be posting some information, when I have time, in themers forums for those wanting to port their work over. It is not as simple as just flashing a single zip anymore. There are multiple frameworks and multiple Rosies to contend with.

I love you guys, but I'm not going to listen to 300 pages of "I flashed blah blah blah and now my phone is broked". Just be patient.

We'll get the Rosie remap working soon and get the themers informed on what needs to be done so as not to break things.

·
Android Beginner
30 Posts
Adrynalyne said:
VERY IMPORTANT

Ok, even though this isn't out yet, people are already in a frenzy to add this and that mod and theme this or that. STOP. DON'T.

Right now, there are a grand total of 4 people who know how this ROM operates. I will be posting some information, when I have time, in themers forums for those wanting to port their work over. It is not as simple as just flashing a single zip anymore. There are multiple frameworks and multiple Rosies to contend with.

I love you guys, but I'm not going to listen to 300 pages of "I flashed blah blah blah and now my phone is broked". Just be patient.

We'll get the Rosie remap working soon and get the themers informed on what needs to be done so as not to break things.
Oh Ye of little faith...

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
Jaxidian said:
This made me want to give Sense a try. Anybody have any luck installing this to SD via Boot Manager? I'm able to install it (or say it thinks) but I can't boot it.
No luck here either. Boot Manager acts like it installs, but won't even get to a bootanimation. Just stuck on my initial HTC splash screen. Oh well. :sad3:

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
WishRyder said:
No luck here either. Boot Manager acts like it installs, but won't even get to a bootanimation. Just stuck on my initial HTC splash screen. Oh well. :sad3:
Think I read before on bamfs site that it wont work. Other devs have scripts were it thinks you are trying to steal it and says stop thief or something along those lines and then shuts your phone down.

·
Developer
380 Posts
droidkevlar said:
Think I read before on bamfs site that it wont work. Other devs have scripts were it thinks you are trying to steal it and says stop thief or something along those lines and then shuts your phone down.
We don't have anything like that. I'm not familiar with Boot Manager, but this ROM does flash items to the SD card itself, so I could see that being an issue.

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
erishasnobattery said:
We don't have anything like that. I'm not familiar with Boot Manager, but this ROM does flash items to the SD card itself, so I could see that being an issue.
I should have been clearer. Meant I read others saying it wasnt working for them with boot manager on this ROM. And Ive read on other ROM threads that ppl have said they saw the warning I was saying. I didnt mean to scare anyone or anything. Just trying to help

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
mkjellgren said:
Anyone have any idea if other sense kernels work with this?
Not tested this myself just yet but Im pretty sure ziggys latest as that is what chingy uses in his ROM and imo's latest....but have heard the ffc shows upside down on imos kernel. Again. ive not tested, only going by what Ive read in the threads.

·
Android Apprentice
98 Posts
This is a pretty amazing ROM. I am liking it. I may end up going back to cm7 but for sense users this is the ONLY logical choice. Very well done

1 - 20 of 159 Posts