Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys. HC is a good platform, but with no source and ICS around the corner, I personally think there's no point to try and persuade the devs to run something other than GB at the moment since source is available and stable builds are possible.

For example, the Nook Color HC builds are working, but buggy without a source to work with.

For the benefit of everything in the long run, I think HC should be forgotten about in favor of GB and ICS unless a source is released.

This is a opinion thread and for discussion.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
I concur.

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to dampen motivation but when I see people trying to convince devs to solely work on HC. That's not thinking clearly

·
Registered
982 Posts
BrentBlend said:
Noone is trying to convince them of anything.
The other forum was saying that since there is two dev teams, that is what he imagines to be the best root possible.
To work side by side, and make endless win's instead of B!tching and upping each other, Honing their craft making it beautiful and flawless... i think i may have gotten off track

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"ericerk said:
What would you rather run, a phone os or a tablet os? ( on ur tablet?)
In this case, the phone OS. CM7 builds are 2.3 and work wonderfully on tablets. Like I said, I'll take a good stable working build of a phone OS that works well than a bunch of hopeful, decent, but buggy test tablet OS builds.

·
Registered
982 Posts
again lemme re explain, i want one team to work on thing while another works on the other, instead of wasting time fighting the one team works on their schedule and releases thing the way they want no rush rush 1up's

Tl;dr

1 SMOOTHS OUT PROBLEMS IN CURRENT BUILD
2 MAKES NEW BUILD, AND MAKES STABLE
1 STARTS NEW PROJECT, MAINTAINS... ETC

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't you want both teams pooling their resources and maintaining together?

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two teams doing actual work would be nice, but it shouldn't be one on GB and one on HC. It should be IMO, one on GB, and one on an emulator within WebOS incase porting fails.

OR

Just any other real issue at hand.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I Am Marino said:
Two teams doing actual work would be nice, but it shouldn't be one on GB and one on HC. It should be IMO, one on GB, and one on an emulator within WebOS incase porting fails.

OR

Just any other real issue at hand.
2 teams doing work = Heads colliding, and rushing and fails....

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"ericerk said:
2 teams doing work = Heads colliding, and rushing and fails....
Then honestly, I'd rather see a stable Froyo build than a buggy HC one.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I Am Marino said:
Then honestly, I'd rather see a stable Froyo build than a buggy HC one.
That what i'm saying, one team sticks with froyo... and the other moves up on os's they take their time... and relase when fully done, every relase has little to no bugs... which is impossible

1 - 20 of 39 Posts