Android OS Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1306 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
@faux123: Can you improve the sysfs for GPU simple governor? The current implementation is kinda clunky and you need hard coding in your app for it to work.

If you do it like CPU governor with "available_gpu_governors" and "simple_governor" accepts string input instead of 0, 1..., you can code it once in your app and forget about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are the ultimate and mainline kernels now the same besides GPU?
Because for those asking for a 384-- Isn't the 307mhz GPU slot still in the ultimate kernel? So you can't just set GPU governor to powersave to achieve 384

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everyone, i am little bit newbie here, i have read some post, but i didnt understand clearly, which is the most battery saving edition, mainline vs mainline smartreflex?

·
Android Apprentice
147 Posts
I mentioned this before and it looks like the kernel actually doesn't do what I believe it was intended to do.

When playing music in Apollo intellidemand turns one core off completely and leaves the other at 525 MHz. This is the source of music skipping. I suggest you force dual core at 350 MHz minimum while media service is active to stop the audio skips...the skips don't occur on interactive or ondemand.

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
I mentioned this before and it looks like the kernel actually doesn't do what I believe it was intended to do.

When playing music in Apollo intellidemand turns one core off completely and leaves the other at 525 MHz. This is the source of music skipping. I suggest you force dual core at 350 MHz minimum while media service is active to stop the audio skips...the skips don't occur on interactive or ondemand.
I was wondering what was causing that! Hope that comes up on the next version (or beta, etc.).

Also, does Intellidemand also work like this in 23B10? Cause I could switch back to that while Faux works on a newer solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,298 ·
Random reboot on latest beta with zram and ksm enabled. Powersave governor for GPU. ID 1060/525. Running on latest cm 10.1 nightly.

http://db.tt/V9P9smVh
You have a virtual memory paging error (ie, memory that was swapped out, but then can't find it when the kernel needed it
)

Try to run without zram.

·
Android Apprentice
147 Posts
You have a virtual memory paging error (ie, memory that was swapped out, but then can't find it when the kernel needed it
)

Try to run without zram.
Been rock solid without zram. Just gave it a shot for beta testing purposes! Already back to no zram.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi faux
just trying ur 25beta1 atm
but is it normal for the cpu cant set at min 350 freq? it's always jump to 525 again, even I already set freq lock in trickster, still jump to 525 min. I'm using intellindemand fiops and plans to set min 350 max 1200 screen off 525. haven't succeeded yet. do u have a suggestion regarding best setting really much appreciated. thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1281 - 1300 of 1306 Posts