1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I make things that you like to watch and listen to
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
279 Posts
As I posted in the other thread about it, needs way more options and auto picture upload. I assume they will be cranking out the features pretty quickly if they want to compete with Dropbox. Because right now, it's nothing like I thought it would be!

·
Android Addict
158 Posts
Is anyone else still waiting for their drive to be 'ready'? I think anyone who previously bought storage (for Docs) has to wait. WHEN WILL THIS END ALREADY?!? I'M TIRED OF WAITING!!!

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's as if GDoc was rebranded to Drive.

That is, until you realize that it now has a desktop client, and the SDK has been released for developers to make extensions for it.

Yeah, that's a pretty big deal, IMO.

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What she said. I downloaded it on my phone, but I'll be sticking with Dropbox until they add more features.
So... what features are you looking to get out of Drive that would implore you to away from DropBox?

One feature I've already taken advantage of is the Hello Fax extension... send/receive faxes from Drive. If you sign up now, you get a certain amount of faxing for free. I think that's pretty cool.

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where are you guys able to do this? I mean, can you actually download the desktop app and if so, where?
Go to your GDrive homepage. On the left under your folders and such there is a link that says, "Download Google Drive".

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
I'm passing on using it until the change their terms of service to make an exception for Google Drive (this is the ToS for all their services now, but it's not generally a problem except for something like google drive):

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content."
Dropbox does not have this clause for anyone curious.

http://www.google.co...policies/terms/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm passing on using it until the change their terms of service to make an exception for Google Drive (this is the ToS for all their services now, but it's not generally a problem except for something like google drive):

Yes they do. Great article here: http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/25/2973849/google-drive-terms-privacy-data-skydrive-dropbox-icloud

No need to be paranoid. They need to allow gapps users already though...

·
Registered
279 Posts

Meh, I'm not that paranoid. I don't really have anything worth them "stealing".

·
Android Apprentice
703 Posts
I think this is the right place for this post. What I'm trying to do is, I have nova3 on my old tbolt. I would like to keep playing this awesome game on my gnex but don't want to start over obviously. I thought I could upload it to drive and then download it to my gnex, and it actually seemed to work( at first ). I went into drive got to a proof that said "upload" so I pressed it. Then it asked from where, and I chose root explorer. I went to data/app found the Nova file and pressed it. It actually did the whole upload said upload complete but then never appeared. Now I originally got the game as an apk (don't know if that has anything to do with it or not). So yeah it said upload complete but its just not there. Don't know if I followed the wrong path or what. If anyone could assist me that would be great. Even if its a completely different way. Again I'm just trying to get nova3 with all the data and progress from my old tbolt to my gnex. Thanks in advance. Sorry about the looong ass post.

I really need a girlfriend

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.