Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I love my phone, Im rooted and running humble 1.6

the only problem I have (and I dont think it has anything to do with humble because it has happened before while on other roms and stock)

The calendar only syncs back to the middle of aug....when I know there are plenty of dates before that. I got this phone in july but before that I had the fascinate.

Also I have noticed that contacts randomly dissapear, I dont know until I go to send then an email.

Anything would help at this point.

I know that I normally dont back up my contacts before I flash because they are supposed to sync with google automatically.

Just frustrated.

Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rythmyc said:
The fact your calendar doesn't work is the least of your problems. I won't go into details, but I suggest changing Roms.
Lol OK thanks. But it happened on fe 2.0 as well.

Im still missing 60 or so contacts. Sigh.

I called Verizon....they said that the calendar will only.hold (on the phone) 2 months worth of info.

He couldn't figure out why the contacts were dissapearing therefore didn't offer much help :(
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrisp304 said:
sounds like your using/saving to phone contacts and calendar rather than Google contacts and calendar
I wish that was the case :( I have always saved everything to Google. Never to the phone.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
So if you go to a computer and log into your Google account all of your contacts and calendar appointments are obviously there? ...If that's the case you just need to wipe data, cache and Dalvik and install a new rom.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
I've had lost contact issues when I do a bad flash. I would do a full wipe and reinstall the rom. Also make sure you're not restoring any system or google app data in TiBu (manually uncheck them).

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chrisp304 said:
So if you go to a computer and log into your Google account all of your contacts and calendar appointments are obviously there? ...If that's the case you just need to wipe data, cache and Dalvik and install a new rom.
No unfortunatley the ones that are lost aren't there either.

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
d-loko said:
I've had lost contact issues when I do a bad flash. I would do a full wipe and reinstall the rom. Also make sure you're not restoring any system or google app data in TiBu (manually uncheck them).
I didn't know you aren't supposed to back up Google apps thru tibu. Good to know. I bet that's what happened. Thanks.

·
Average Android
192 Posts
putney1477 said:

Do you enter them in Gmail Contacts online and then have them disappear from the Google servers?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
"putney1477 said:

Ok, this means one of 2 things, there is a problem with your account on Google's end, which I doubt, or you saved these contacts to your phone contacts rather than Google contacts. Which, of course, would get erased when you install a new rom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts