Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Average Android
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so about 2 months ago i got a cr-48 shipped to me.
Now just today i got two more cr-48 shipped to me.

I have no idea why they sent me two more anyone else have something like this happen?

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
You can always send me one... back when there was the CR-48 tracker, there was a guy in the greater Boston area that was calling up UPS, and paying the $4.99 or whatever to have the CR48 packages in the area redirected to him... tried fighting with UPS over it, but they said that they couldn't do anything about it :(

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I just typed in a search to see if other people have received a couple of extra cr-48s out of the blue... Glad to see it wasn't just a google error with my shipping record.

What the eff am I supposed to do with three of the suckers now? It was a little bit of a make-work project just getting use out of the one. A cr-48 is like a smartphone with a real browser, but not nearly so useful as a smartphone all the same.

G

·
lbruce said:
I just typed in a search to see if other people have received a couple of extra cr-48s out of the blue... Glad to see it wasn't just a google error with my shipping record.

What the eff am I supposed to do with three of the suckers now? It was a little bit of a make-work project just getting use out of the one. A cr-48 is like a smartphone with a real browser, but not nearly so useful as a smartphone all the same.
Hah, you could always send one to me. ;) I've always been intrigued by them, but honestly don't know too much regarding the cr-48. After looking up some information on the net, it does seem like it would be fun to experiment with!

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
I agree...... I would love to have one!! My netbook now is kinda falling apart lol and yea google should have shipped them to the people who did apply and didnt get one I agree on that too

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
"androidphan88 said:

I have no idea why they sent me two more anyone else have something like this happen?
Now that is just crazy. You got three! I have one, but still. =)

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
"androidphan88 said:

Any chance of you selling one? If so, please PM me.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I just created a Chromebook of sorts for myself today. Took an old Dell Vostro A90 (9" netbook with only a 16GB SSD and 2GB RAM in it) and installed Chromium on it. Working great except for sound. Still working out some of the basics of how to actually use it (well, besides the obvious) but it's working (typing from it now, although with a ton of typos due to the crappy-ass miniaturized keyboard and funky key layout).

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
I did the same thing with a 10in asus. Fun to play with but not the most intuitive. I'm trying to use one of the html editors for very minor fixes while on vacation and can find no help, even at the chrome lounge or the developers site. With directions like "download this app and edit your code" they do leave you hanging.

By the way, you provide the most helpful posts. I have several of them bookmarked.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I've already blown away my Chromebook install and put Ubuntu on my netbook. I've created a live USB drive to boot off of if I want to play with a Chromebook. I'm going to buy an SD Card and transfer it to the SD Card so I don't have a thumb drive sticking out. Then I'll my my little $100 Dell dual-booting Ubuntu and Chromium. :-D

Thanks for the compliment, Marsha12151. I appreciate it. :)

·
Android Lover
148 Posts
Jaxidian said:
I've already blown away my Chromebook install and put Ubuntu on my netbook. I've created a live USB drive to boot off of if I want to play with a Chromebook. I'm going to buy an SD Card and transfer it to the SD Card so I don't have a thumb drive sticking out. Then I'll my my little $100 Dell dual-booting Ubuntu and Chromium. :-D

Thanks for the compliment, Marsha12151. I appreciate it. :)
I have an Acer 4820TG-7805.. would it be possible for me to like boot Chrome or Chromium OS from a USB stick right off of Boot instead of Booting into W7? If so, how would I go about doing this and how big of a USB stick will I need.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
MoodMuzik said:
I have an Acer 4820TG-7805.. would it be possible for me to like boot Chrome or Chromium OS from a USB stick right off of Boot instead of Booting into W7? If so, how would I go about doing this and how big of a USB stick will I need.
If you build the proper image for the USB stick, sure. How to do that, well, I don't have a clue. My bootable USB drive image was made by some folks at Dell, not me. I just flashed the .img file to my USB drive and was running Chromium. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got one Cr48, but I love it. I got it 3 days after I applied for it.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
so sad.....I never even knew about this, wish I could have gotten one of these......damn me for not knowing about this when it happened so long ago.

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
I wanted one so bad but never got one. The production chromrbooks are too expensive and the cr would have been perfect. Never got one though. Just downloaded a VM image of chrome is today and plan to set it up tomorrow to try it out again. Enjoy your 3rd chrome book lol

Sent from my DROIDX

1 - 20 of 20 Posts