Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure since it was introduced a lot of AT&T people have switched to the unlimited texting and unlimited mobile to ANY mobile plan.

The only thing using minutes at this point are landline calls during the weekdays.

So, I have installed google voice hoping to have a separate dialer for those expected long landline calls (customer service etc) I make. But in the app there is no dialer, the only options are to make it take over all calls, no calls or international only, or ask everytime (not an option for my car's bluetooth).

Does anyone know of an app that will have a dial pad to dial from your google number only?

I noticed a widget from the GV app that lets you toggle calling, but I was just hoping for something a little easier for my artix- launch a dialer, dial and nothing to turn off afterwards.

Also, I havent been able to verify this, but using the google talk app and your google number, do not use your airtime and no data assuming wifi is connected, right?

Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
MtnXfreeride said:
Im sure since it was introduced a lot of AT&T people have switched to the unlimited texting and unlimited mobile to ANY mobile plan.

The only thing using minutes at this point are landline calls during the weekdays.

So, I have installed google voice hoping to have a separate dialer for those expected long landline calls (customer service etc) I make. But in the app there is no dialer, the only options are to make it take over all calls, no calls or international only, or ask everytime (not an option for my car's bluetooth).

Does anyone know of an app that will have a dial pad to dial from your google number only?

I noticed a widget from the GV app that lets you toggle calling, but I was just hoping for something a little easier for my artix- launch a dialer, dial and nothing to turn off afterwards.

Also, I havent been able to verify this, but using the google talk app and your google number, do not use your airtime and no data assuming wifi is connected, right?

Thanks!
Not sure how to get around the dialer problem with GV, but just wanted to point out that GV does in most cases use your minutes for voice calls. Not sure about integration with google talk, but the way I've been told to get around the minute usage is to use an app like grooveIP & that way you're not using anything but data whether it's wifi or 3g.

Sent from my SGS2 killer

Reactions: MtnXfreeride

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! That GrooveIP is exactly what I wanted, it has its own dialer, and the program can only be open when I am about to make a landline call. ALso, there is an option to turn off 3g/4g so you know its only using wifi. It doesnt screw with anything else on my phone.\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts