Android OS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this has been posted somewhere else. I had the Droid Eris, and now the Droid X and I have never got Google Voice mail to work. All I want is to have my voice mail change, but still make calls using my normal Verizon number.

Directions say to call *71XXXXXXXXXX to activate it. When I do this I get, "Welcome to VZW Wireless, your call cannot be completed". I have tried reinstalling as well as activating it through the Google voice website and nothing works. I called Verizon and they said its a 3rd party app so they can't help, and I searched around Google for a phone number to contact and believe it or not I cannot find one listed.

Has anyone had this problem, and if so do you know how to fix it? I really want the free visual voice mail and this has been going on for over a year now so I'm losing my patience.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
I'm pretty sure as long as you dial that number, it will work. Same thing happened to me but I read somewhere that it doesn't matter, and my GV voicemail works perfectly!

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PatHoge said:
I'm pretty sure as long as you dial that number, it will work. Same thing happened to me but I read somewhere that it doesn't matter, and my GV voicemail works perfectly!
Strange I can't get it to work.out of curiosity did u do the activation through the website or through the app itself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts