Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Beginner
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure others are having this problem, but I have searched for hours and can't find an answer to this problem. Yesterday I went to McDonalds and tried to pay for something using google wallet and it said that there was a reader detected and the transaction did not work. This is the third time this has happened to me at a McDonalds, btw they were three different ones. I have included a screenshot of what happens. Can anyone help?

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Can't see your screenshot for some reason but one issue that I have had was if i left the phone on the "pad" while entering my unlock code it would fail. As long as i pick up the phone, enter the code and then put the phone back down it works every time. Took me a few tries to figure this out. Not sure if this will help you or not but figured i'd share.

·
Android Beginner
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't see your screenshot for some reason but one issue that I have had was if i left the phone on the "pad" while entering my unlock code it would fail. As long as i pick up the phone, enter the code and then put the phone back down it works every time. Took me a few tries to figure this out. Not sure if this will help you or not but figured i'd share.
yeah i have tried that too and it still hasnt worked.. idk i will try it next time thanks tho!

·
phone swap addict
301 Posts
so my google wallet signs in and shows my balance and everything but when I hold the phone up to the paypass symbol and turn the screen on, nothing happens. any ideas? it worked once but that was many many roms ago...

im on AOKP M2

edit: im using the stock battery and NFC is "checked" in my settings.

·
Android Beginner
67 Posts
so my google wallet signs in and shows my balance and everything but when I hold the phone up to the paypass symbol and turn the screen on, nothing happens. any ideas? it worked once but that was many many roms ago...

im on AOKP M2

edit: im using the stock battery and NFC is "checked" in my settings.
Try unlocking the screen first then placing the phone on the reader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
phone swap addict
301 Posts
Try unlocking the screen first then placing the phone on the reader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
OK thanks ill try that

EDIT: Worked like a charm THANKS! I mustve been in too much of a rush before

·
Android Beginner
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I finally got this to work. What I did was I went into the settings in cleared all the data and the cache for that app, and then I signed into the app again. After that I added 20 dollars on my credit card to the google prepaid card. Then I tried it again and it worked like a charm. I hope this helped you guys out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts