Android OS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google has added back the ability to use pre-paid cards. I was able to reactivate my prepaid card and it has the same remaining balance as it had before. If you are setting it up on a different device than you had it on before you are apparently suppose to call Google to make that work.

·
Android Beginner
280 Posts
Yeah i read somewhere that it doesnt effect the way you use it. Apparently it just stays there and does nothing lol
Nothing except if our money gets stolen or something google isn't held liable.
Cool with me.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Living the Dream
103 Posts
Yeah i read somewhere that it doesnt effect the way you use it. Apparently it just stays there and does nothing lol
I think it's there if you're rooted just to cover Google's @$$. It shows that they are not responsible since you have root access to your phone which potentially opens up security risks.

I can confirm as well that this works. I used this link http://db.tt/I6ReZ3DW for the updated apk because I was still having trouble getting access.

·
487 Posts
Strange fact. Unsupported Device doesn't appear at the top of my wallet.

·
487 Posts
luckily ever Wawa around here has paypass its amazing especially when you wow the old people

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone confirm that this works through a case? I'm using an Otterbox commuter and I'm itching to try it out and not look like a dumbass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Addict
637 Posts
It should work I have a defender one on my just make sure it is physically touching the paypass

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to confirm - at this point, if I do a full data wipe an install a new rom, once I add Google Wallet back onto my phone, I should be able to reactivate my prepaid card and access my current balance, right?

I had been holding off on playing with nay new roms until I burned through the remaining balance on my prepaid card. Would be nice to not have to worry about that. Been itching to play with some new rom toys.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just to confirm - at this point, if I do a full data wipe an install a new rom, once I add Google Wallet back onto my phone, I should be able to reactivate my prepaid card and access my current balance, right?

I had been holding off on playing with nay new roms until I burned through the remaining balance on my prepaid card. Would be nice to not have to worry about that. Been itching to play with some new rom toys.
Correct. I just flashed the newest version of CNA a couple days ago and Google wallet came up working fine. Prepaid is activated and everything, just gotta go spend my free $10 :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

1 - 19 of 19 Posts