Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Glad to see a sub-forum for the merge on this site.
Now let's add some topics here.
Anyone got the merge on this forum?
If so how are you liking it?
Got mine rooted and running a gingerbread Rom with sense 2.1 its really nice.
Anyways can't wait till the kernel is released to unleash the true power of this beast!

xFuziionZz 1.0.0 MergeD

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
My wife has an Alltel Merge, running the US Cellular 2.3.4 build. Going from Froyo to Gingerbread was like going from night to day. It's really amazing what a difference it made with regard to... well, everything. Did you get your S-OFF, root & rom from 2fastroms, too?

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did. It seems as though 2fast is the only one who really cares about the merge. It's sad how many other HTC phones have dev support.... Chachacha! Yet the phone that is equal to the EVO shift or the G2 gets walked right by.... Hope once the kernel finally gets released that will all change. At least there is a sub forum here though. It's a start

I also got the pro version of titanium backup and un-installed a few extra widgets I didn't want and you navigator deluxe...
Basically anything I could that I didn't want without making sense or Android crash... (Which I have done... Thank good for clockworkRecov)

Glad they changed the notification screen to add WiFi/ gps control etc. Now I can finally get rid of my dumb power control widget..... Actually, I think I might miss it... Me and the ol' power control been through a lot together!

Sense 2.1 has added a handful of nice features and widget options as well.

xFuZiiOnZz 1.0.0 MergeD

·
Average Android
85 Posts
I just picked one of these up. I think the reason for lack of support is mostly the lack of devs with phones. The device itself is not common,and even less common with an esn in vzws database.

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to port g2 or desire z roms to it,if some with the know how took a notion to do it.

Best thing to do is contact devs for their willingness to port or make roms,and then take up a donation collection to get them a phone.

Glad to see a lil activity in this forum :)

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scotty85 said:
I just picked one of these up. I think the reason for lack of support is mostly the lack of devs with phones. The device itself is not common,and even less common with an esn in vzws database.

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to port g2 or desire z roms to it,if some with the know how took a notion to do it.

Best thing to do is contact devs for their willingness to port or make roms,and then take up a donation collection to get them a phone.

Glad to see a lil activity in this forum :)
You running stock or rooted?

xFuZiiOnZz 1.0.0 MergeD

·
Average Android
85 Posts
Sorry,just noticed this reply. Rooted of course :)

I picked it up cheap,rooted and unlocked it,and am now in the process of getting vzw to let me activate it. I want to keep vzw firmware on it until I'm actually using it,then ill prolly "de-sense" the gb leak.

It would be sweet if we could get cm7 ported.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cm on this.... Don't make me drool.... My desire runs with 298mb Damn you 2mbs running the latest cm stable.... So nice. Though my flash and my camera don't work on that phone anymore, but who needs em!

xFuZiiOnZz 1.0.0 MergeD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.