Android OS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Average Android
76 Posts
mcp770 said:
I have all three on. This is a new problem for my phone and no idea as to cause. Think it may be hardware though.
What rom are you coming from? You might have to flash the c m 7 gps fix

~Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.9

·
Average Android
76 Posts
So you went to 1.9 .9 from 1.8 .19 is that correct? And your gps was working on 1.8 .19? By the sound of your reply it sounds like you never flashed the gps fix which is required for gps to work on miui as well as all other cm 7 bassed roms

~Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.9

·
Droid Nerd Extraordinaire
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the gps fix and no luck. I actually performed an sbf and started from scratch this go around. Mind putting up a link for the gpsfix zip just to make sure I have the right one for the x?

·
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that's the one I used. Followed instructions to the letter and its still a no go. Guess maybe my gps hardware finally crapped out. I will sbf back to 340 tomorrow and test it in a clean uprooted state and go from there. Thanks for the help.

·
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New (refirb) X up and running miui. Sbf'ed back to 340 then straight to 1.9.9.1. No gpsfix.zip or anything got 10/10 satellites locked on my phone in the house! New X also overclocks much better so all around win. Thanks for everyone that helped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts