Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Average Android
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't work this way when it first boots up, but eventually the GPS toggle on my notification/toggles slider stops working, and then remains that way until the next reboot. When I look at the GPS settings, the little slide-button there is grayed out, and I can't turn it off.

My experience has been that the controls all indicate a GPS that can't be turned off, though it's possible the GPS isn't actually on.

Unfortunately, "GPS" is pretty short, and I can't do a direct search for posts using that as a keyword. But I scanned the developer list and didn't see anything about GPS failures.

·
Average Android
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like part of the settings bug from CM7. On boot, either GPS and Data and/or brightness/timeout toggles will not work. If I keep rebooting it I can usually get them back. I have instructions from DXC to capture a log, but I don't see anything being logged when I hit these toggles. It's really ticking me off, because not many people are experiencing this. But if they solve the CM7 bug I'm assuming MIUI will be improved as well.

·
Developer
718 Posts
cpurick said:
Looks like part of the settings bug from CM7. On boot, either GPS and Data and/or brightness/timeout toggles will not work. If I keep rebooting it I can usually get them back. I have instructions from DXC to capture a log, but I don't see anything being logged when I hit these toggles. It's really ticking me off, because not many people are experiencing this. But if they solve the CM7 bug I'm assuming MIUI will be improved as well.
if you don't see anything logged under buffer: Radio, try buffer: Main or buffer: Event

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.