Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supporting Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble getting my GPS to work. Last it was working was on CM7 nightlies. Sbf'd back to Froyo. Did two part update to rooted GB. No GPS lock. Wifi and VZW show ok. Also, this may be part of the problem also. Whenever I power down the phone and restart I go straight to clockwork recovery everytime. No regular reboot. Any suggestions or has my GPS fried somehow?

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
no ur gps didnt fry...i had trouble with it too for a min there...update to the newest nightly and report back

·
Flashaholic
348 Posts
if your on rooted .596, flash D2 bootstrap and click on after success then you should boot up normal after that.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Chasm31 said:
Having trouble getting my GPS to work. Last it was working was on CM7 nightlies. Sbf'd back to Froyo. Did two part update to rooted GB. No GPS lock. Wifi and VZW show ok. Also, this may be part of the problem also. Whenever I power down the phone and restart I go straight to clockwork recovery everytime. No regular reboot. Any suggestions or has my GPS fried somehow?
also make sure u dont have some kinda boot into safemode option checked somewhere if u are on a rom now. if i remember correctly liberty had this option, to safeguard yourself in case something messed up you could still get into clockwork the next time you reboot.

·
Supporting Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I got the reboot issue worked out. Still no gps though. Gps test confirms it's turned on. Just doesn't lock in.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I have also been having GPS issues on MIUI. It will find my position right after a reboot, but then eventually can't get a fix.

edit: I just flashed the newest nightly and can't get a fix at all. I'm gonna try an sbf to see of that might do the trick.

·
Supporting Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On latest CM7 nightlie and still no dice with all in one fix. Must have fried between roms at some point.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"Chasm31 said:
On latest CM7 nightlie and still no dice with all in one fix. Must have fried between roms at some point.
Did you by chance try using the verizon nav software while you were on stock froyo? Give it a try, if you haven't.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"Chasm31 said:
Ok I finally got it fixed. Pulled battery for 15+ minutes. Now working like a charm. Edit nm. Had wifi on. Back to sqaure one.
Just some things to try...
Did u do a factory reset after sbf?
Try with a different memcard.
Are you verifying that all the location settings boxes are checked ?
I know it can work inside, but do you have a clear view of the sky? Sometimes you need that for gps to work.
Maybe there was a solar flare and its interfering with gps satellites comm. Lol. Sorry...I'm out if ideas for now.

·
Supporting Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah lol pretty sure it's gone for good. Sucks you lose warranty with root esp on something like this.

·
Supporting Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK sd card back in and no gps. What would this have to do with it? I reformatted and everything. Still only works without. About to try a different card.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts