Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Android Beginner
71 Posts
How about we use this thread to list the status of GSM data on various Roms for the Droid 2 Global. Rather than reading through pages of other threads to see if GSM data is still working, lets just update this one.

Apex 2.0 RC4 --- GSM Working / Data =Reported to work
Liberty 3 RC1 --- GSM Working / Data =yes I got it working...... I am not sure if the original is working.....
CM7 --- GSM Working / Data=no
MIUI --- Global mode only working Data=sometimes "Data is working on MIUI for some SIM/Network combo's --about 50/50." --Aceoyame
Blackspark Alpha

**** To be updated.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
How about we use this thread to list the status of GSM data on various Roms for the Droid 2 Global. Rather than reading through pages of other threads to see if GSM data is still working, lets just update this one.

Apex 2.0 RC4 --- GSM Working / Data =?
Liberty 3 RC1 --- GSM Working / Data =?
CM7 --- GSM Working / Data=no
MIUI --- Global mode only working Data=no

**** To be updated.
That is incorrect. Data is working on MIUI for some SIM/Network combo's. I would say it COULD work, it seems about 50/50 for it though.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
For blur roms I think I know how to fix it but it would require redoing the entire rom..... Working on too many things to actually do that atm though.... Everything basically just needs to be re-based to D2G rather than D2/DX.

·
You can haz Developer Status
1,090 Posts
AOSP roms (like BlackSpark Alpha) will switch modes after one FC of phone process, cell sites are recognized. Unable to test further.

·
Member Title
24 Posts
i have tested blackspark, unfortunately gsm data is not working.

cant it be solved for all roms(2nd init) via d3 phone.apk trick like in miui ?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
i have tested blackspark, unfortunately gsm data is not working.

cant it be solved for all roms(2nd init) via d3 phone.apk trick like in miui ?
No and quite honestly the D3 phone.apk isnt a trick... its forcing a file from a different phone where it shouldnt be

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
Any updates?

I am as keen as a bottle of mustard to use MIUI, Ace says he thinks he knows what the problem is for some of these GSM sims which will not go to work on MIUI but no word on progress so far in the dev thread.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I've been really busy with the X2 (we almost have CM on it) Plus i've been busy remaking the base on the X. I have an idea (fixing our zygote classes) but I need time to compile the fixes and stuff unless rev has done it already on CM, I talked to him a little about it.

·
Android Apprentice
289 Posts
Will gsm data work better with a micro sim (with an adapter, of course)?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
You can haz Developer Status
1,090 Posts
hgrimberg said:
Will gsm data work better with a micro sim (with an adapter, of course)?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
No, the issue still lies in switching the radio to gsm. However, significant progress has been made in that regard since more global phones are on the market now.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
After many FCs, the GALNET MIUI rom I downloaded today WORKS PERFECTLY!!! GSM + DATA + APN Settings.

Lovely stuff.

It says 'no sim' on my lockscreen but calls still come and go normally apart from some issues that were already present with my handset.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
In the end this is what worked for me:

Downloaded an app from the market which shortcuts straight into mobile network settings
Put into airplane mode
use the shortcut and switch network mode to GSM/WCDMA auto - it will probably FC many times, just keep trying
After it works:
Click return button
Quickly go back into network mode screen to make sure it has stuck.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
146 Posts
In the end this is what worked for me:

Downloaded an app from the market which shortcuts straight into mobile network settings
Put into airplane mode
use the shortcut and switch network mode to GSM/WCDMA auto - it will probably FC many times, just keep trying
After it works:
Click return button
Quickly go back into network mode screen to make sure it has stuck.
At which point did you disable airplane mode?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts