Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
THEMER/JEDI COUNSEL/GODFATHER of Inversions
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been Inverted for a while now but has never been fully transparent so since I figured it out on ICS, I figured I'd do the Gb version also since a lot of phones don't have and won't see ICS for a while... This has the video chat and it worked for me but just like any apk, some phones just won't play nice.. Enjoy!

Installation guide:

Pretty simple, just download this http://bit.ly/GBTalk13Transparent and flash it in recovery or rom manager...

For anyone wanting to know how to get that chat screen transparent:

We edit line 2834 in ChatView$MessageItem.smali to const v5, -0x100 for a black bg. So I looked up the public ID for Transparent in framework and it's 0x0106000d so I made line 2834 look like this instead const v5, 0x106000d so now instead of pulling an rgb from smali, it's pulling an ID from framework.. Then a few xml edits in values and layouts to complete it and a few png images... Boom! Gotta Transparent Gtalk.... Enjoy!

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a razr but the scripts per phone are different. If you have a theme for that rom handy you can use 7zip and right click the zip file/open as archive/then click system/framework/delete framework-res.apk... back out and choose system/app/delete all the apks ... drag mine into that subfolder and close & save... then flash that zip... I'll look more into it tho and see if there's another way...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not able to get this to work on my Razr. I get an error (0) aborted... return when I run the zip.

Any ideas?
http://db.tt/uDTpxhrK OK try this... its set up for the razr but I dunno if your gtalk is talk.apk or talk2.apk... use root explorer and go to system/app/see what it is named near the bottom... if it's Talk.apk then that zip should work... if its Talk2.apk then I'll have to rename it... lemme know

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have a razr but the scripts per phone are different. If you have a theme for that rom handy you can use 7zip and right click the zip file/open as archive/then click system/framework/delete framework-res.apk... back out and choose system/app/delete all the apks ... drag mine into that subfolder and close & save... then flash that zip... I'll look more into it tho and see if there's another way...

Was wondering if this method would be the way to go for the Droid Incredible :). I've tried flashing and clearing cache/dalv, tried with installed Talk and uninstalled (just to see). I get no errors but no changes occur. You clearly state it may not work on all phones and that's expected but I have to ask if other methods to go about working it as I am a Transparent fanatic XD. Thank you for your time.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
http://db.tt/uDTpxhrK OK try this... its set up for the razr but I dunno if your gtalk is talk.apk or talk2.apk... use root explorer and go to system/app/see what it is named near the bottom... if it's Talk.apk then that zip should work... if its Talk2.apk then I'll have to rename it... lemme know

It is listed at talk2.

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was wondering if this method would be the way to go for the Droid Incredible :). I've tried flashing and clearing cache/dalv, tried with installed Talk and uninstalled (just to see). I get no errors but no changes occur. You clearly state it may not work on all phones and that's expected but I have to ask if other methods to go about working it as I am a Transparent fanatic XD. Thank you for your time.
check in system/app what the name is... some are talk2.apk... lemme know

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
um okay i flashed it with twrp it went well but talk is still the same... nothing changed. even tried clearing cache and davlik
Make sure it isn't named talk2.apk... if so I'll have to make a new zip for it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
check in system/app what the name is... some are talk2.apk... lemme know

Had uninstalled it but found it in system/app and as talk.apk. copied and placed in sdcard than extracted your app and replaced over mine and set permissions. trying to install it via package installer and just get the Application not installed. Lol

This is weird though. before doing all this and not having talk installed I got an IM earlier today in Notification Bar with the Gtalk icon but does not open anything or disappear when pressing on it. But can swipe to clear it. (i've checked in app drawer and running services etc. and Talk is not installed on my phone) via TB uninstalled yesterday

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.