Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
With Virtualbox maybe we could make an complete working export image if someone has the space to host it that way it could help out people if it was allowed to do this ?

·
tehk G33k
154 Posts
Good Idea think i will give it a go on a VM . What flavour version of Linux did you go with and was it 32 or 63 bit ?

Thanks
It's better to go with 32 bit mainly for compatibility linux can use up to 16gb ram at 32 bit because it has the intel 36 bit operand libraries. Unlike windows that wasn't able to implement that capability without having huge issues. That's why they had to use 64bit. 64bit linux is primarily for servers. And you can program 64 bit apps in a 32 bit environment with the applicable libaries. Your best bet is to use ubuntu as it is the easiest to use and is one of the most common you will find solutions for.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
After repo sync it ended with some errors after downloading some GBs. Than I ran that again and got this:

Code:
<br />
<br />
[email protected] ~/android/system $ repo sync -j5<br />
fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/android.git'<br />
Fetching projects:   1% (3/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/development.git'<br />
Fetching projects:  84% (206/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/development.git'<br />
Fetching projects:  99% (243/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/android.git'<br />
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android<br />
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_development<br />
<br />
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors<br />
Any help please?

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts
If we apply a .patch file, do we need to repatch after we do another repo sync? or is that only if we pull down a patch that was submitted to gerrit?

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
See updated replay from Fattire in regards to what patches/changes will be overwritten when re-running "repo sync"
HERE .

The warning I posted was overlooked when editing the build doc from the Nook to the HP Touchpad.

You must reapply any and all patches after doing a repo sync see fattire's warning from post #2 below.

Quote Fattire: Warning-- the next time you do a repo sync, you'll have these changes overwritten.

Thanks Roger

If we apply a .patch file, do we need to repatch after we do another repo sync? or is that only if we pull down a patch that was submitted to gerrit?

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts
You must reapply any and all patches after doing a repo sync see fattire's warning from post #2 below.

Quote Fattire: Warning-- the next time you do a repo sync, you'll have these changes overwritten.

Thanks Roger
Yeah, I read that, but I didn't know if that only applied to the changes you made using the patches you got from gerrit.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
I'm trying to build, but again I have issues in getting adb to recognize it even in windows, let alone the Linux VM running. I see the usb_driver.zip fix, but I don't know where I should be putting that in order to fix the issue (at least in windows). From there, It's not being recognized at all in virtualbox, even with the normal filter saying to activate it in linux.

Edit: Got ADB over wifi working after realizing it was blocked by router settings.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
I had to redo the whole installation and now I do not have the /hp/tenderloin/ folder in devices. Anyone have an idea before I redo this again? Or if you have the /hp/tenderloin/ folder for Linux Ubuntu 11.10 that I can get from someone would help greatly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had to redo the whole installation and now I do not have the /hp/tenderloin/ folder in devices. Anyone have an idea before I redo this again? Or if you have the /hp/tenderloin/ folder for Linux Ubuntu 11.10 that I can get from someone would help greatly.
Make sure you do the changes in the "~/android/system/.repo/local_manifest.xml" (see step 2 in fattire notes) before running the "repo sync", the git repository doesn't have the "hp/tenderloin" project listed, so is not going to download it to your local copy.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
After repo sync it ended with some errors after downloading some GBs. Than I ran that again and got this:

Code:
<br />
<br />
[email protected] ~/android/system $ repo sync -j5<br />
fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/android.git'<br />
Fetching projects:   1% (3/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/development.git'<br />
Fetching projects:  84% (206/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/development.git'<br />
Fetching projects:  99% (243/245)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/dan/android/system/.repo/projects/android.git'<br />
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android<br />
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_development<br />
<br />
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors<br />
Any help please?
Yeah - I'm getting exactly the same thing. Any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah - I'm getting exactly the same thing. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Something is wrong with your repository, so I suggest to start from scratch.
Delete/rename the "system" directory and make sure you run the "repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics" before making the changes in "local_manifest.xml" and running "repo sync".

·
Developer
88 Posts

Thanks Roger
Actually, I think the overwitten bit may be from the "Nook Color" instructions, relating to commits pulled from review.cyanogenmod.com.

Here's what will get overwritten by new repo syncs:

1. Anything that you've changed AND committed (via "git commit") OR

2. Any commits you've pulled from review.cyanogenmod that have not been merged into mainline.

If you make a change to a file in one of the repositories, I don't think it will be overwritten by a repo sync. So you many need to manually synchronize those repositories yourself.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
Make sure you do the changes in the "~/android/system/.repo/local_manifest.xml" (see step 2 in fattire notes) before running the "repo sync", the git repository doesn't have the "hp/tenderloin" project listed, so is not going to download it to your local copy.
Thanks. That did the trick, now i am stuck on bash: ./extract-files.sh: No such file or directory when trying to copy the proprietary files from the device.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Something is wrong with your repository, so I suggest to start from scratch.
Delete/rename the "system" directory and make sure you run the "repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics" before making the changes in "local_manifest.xml" and running "repo sync".
I did that in this order three times and it still hangs at the same position.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks. That did the trick, now i am stuck on bash: ./extract-files.sh: No such file or directory when trying to copy the proprietary files from the device.
Check that you are in the proper directory "~/android/system/device/hp/tenderlion" and that you have the location of the adb binary in your PATH environment variable.
"extract-files.sh" pulls the proprietary files from the device using "adb" so it needs to have adb.

you can check if adb is "available" running "which adb", if it returns the full path (something like /....../platform-tools/adb) then all good, if it say "no adb in ......" it means you don't have the android-sdk/platform-tools in your PATH, so the "extract-files.sh" script will fail to execute it.

I suggest to check that adb works (and connects to your TP) before running the extract-files.sh script, just do "adb shell" and see if that works.
I used ADB over tcp (wifi) when extracing the files, so I had to connect to the TP before running the script, (enable ADB over TCP on the TP, and then run "adb connect 192.168.0.1:5555" (ip of your device))

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
Check that you are in the proper directory "~/android/system/device/hp/tenderlion" and that you have the location of the adb binary in your PATH environment variable.
"extract-files.sh" pulls the proprietary files from the device using "adb" so it needs to have adb.

you can check if adb is "available" running "which adb", if it returns the full path (something like /....../platform-tools/adb) then all good, if it say "no adb in ......" it means you don't have the android-sdk/platform-tools in your PATH, so the "extract-files.sh" script will fail to execute it.

I suggest to check that adb works (and connects to your TP) before running the extract-files.sh script, just do "adb shell" and see if that works.
I used ADB over tcp (wifi) when extracing the files, so I had to connect to the TP before running the script, (enable ADB over TCP on the TP, and then run "adb connect 192.168.0.1:5555" (ip of your device))
i am connected via wifi verified by adb connect 192.168.1.108:5555 and says connected 192.168.1.108 and still get ./extract-files.sh: 105: adb: not found also when i manually enter add_lunch_combo i get a command not found

21 - 40 of 888 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.