Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
i am connected via wifi verified by adb connect 192.168.1.108:5555 and says connected 192.168.1.108 and still get ./extract-files.sh: 105: adb: not found also when i manually enter add_lunch_combo i get a command not found
I don't have my build machine here so can't check, but if adb is working, look at the line 105 of the "extract-files.sh" file, it may trying to pull a file which is not there (on your TP)
I may be wrong, but I think all the commands (like brunch, lunch) are just aliases defined in the environment when you run the build/envsetup.sh script.

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nothing has really changed yet anyway. Maybe once some good fixes get into the builds it may be more worth it.
Yea would be nice if the 5+ separate "Fixes" get rolled into alpha0.1 or something...... my wife wants ICS on her touchpad but without things like netflix working she wouldn't be very happy lol......

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
OK...going to dive into this. I have a spare laptop that I'm not doing anything with, Windows Vista, sadly (and have to leave it that way so my wife can use it when she needs to).

I'm pretty much totally new to Linux...have run Ubuntu off a CD boot to do some recovery work on a laptop, not much more than that.

I'm installing Virtual Box based on comment earlier in the thread...next wondering what version/build/whatever you call it of Linux I should install...suggestions? And where do I buy the "I'm a Linux Noob" shirt? ;-)

·
Adept Androider
130 Posts
Just curious, did you create the ~/android/system/.repo/local_manifest.xml file?
Yep and it's got:
Code:
<br />
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br />
  <manifest><br />
<br />
    <remote name = "gh"<br />
           fetch="git://github.com/" /><br />
<br />
<project path="device/hp/tenderloin"<br />
           name="CyanogenMod/android_device_hp_tenderloin"<br />
           remote="gh"<br />
           revision="ics"/><br />
  </manifest><br />

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
When I get to the repo sync, it runs seemingly successfully for a few hours, then hangs at a certain point:

]From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm
* [new branch] ics -> github/ics
remote: Total 19495 (delta 11162), reused 19495 (delta 11162)
Receiving objects: 100% (19495/19495), 1.79 GiB | 504 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (11162/11162), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new tag] cm-7.1.0 -> cm-7.1.0
Fetching projects: 99% (243/245)

Should I just kill the terminal (Ctrl+C doesn't work) and re-run the repo sync command? Or will this screw something up? Or is there an underlying problem I should be looking to solve?

thanks

[Edit: BTW, I'm running a clean install of Ubuntu 11.10 32bit in a Virtualbox VM, in case it makes any difference]

·
Adept Androider
130 Posts
OK...going to dive into this. I have a spare laptop that I'm not doing anything with, Windows Vista, sadly (and have to leave it that way so my wife can use it when she needs to).

I'm pretty much totally new to Linux...have run Ubuntu off a CD boot to do some recovery work on a laptop, not much more than that.

I'm installing Virtual Box based on comment earlier in the thread...next wondering what version/build/whatever you call it of Linux I should install...suggestions? And where do I buy the "I'm a Linux Noob" shirt? ;-)
I suggest using Linux Mint 9 for this project.

·
Adept Androider
130 Posts
Just curious, did you create the ~/android/system/.repo/local_manifest.xml file?
idk if this could help:

Code:
<br />
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/hp/tenderloin/proprietary/lib/libaudio.so', needed by `out/target/product/tenderloin/obj/lib/libaudio.so'.  Stop.<br />
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....<br />

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
I suggest using Linux Mint 9 for this project.
Excellent...thanks for the tip...off to download land.

Dammit...I hate noobland...I'm five years old again and need my hand held.

So, which edition? I believe 32bit was recommended previously, but totally unclear which of below would be the "right" one...

Editions for Linux Mint 9 "Isadora"

EDITION DESKTOP MEDIA Fluxbox CD (32-bit) Fluxbox CD Gnome CD (32-bit) Gnome CD Gnome CD (64-bit) Gnome CD Gnome DVD (32-bit) Gnome DVD Gnome DVD (64-bit) Gnome DVD KDE DVD (32-bit) KDE DVD KDE DVD (64-bit) KDE DVD LXDE CD (32-bit) LXDE CD OEM (32-bit) Gnome CD OEM (64-bit) Gnome CD USA-Japan Distribution (32-bit) Gnome CD USA-Japan Distribution (64-bit) Gnome CD Xfce (32-bit) Xfce CD Xfce (64-bit) Xfce CD

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts
Excellent...thanks for the tip...off to download land.

Dammit...I hate noobland...I'm five years old again and need my hand held.

So, which edition? I believe 32bit was recommended previously, but totally unclear which of below would be the "right" one...

Editions for Linux Mint 9 "Isadora"

EDITION DESKTOP MEDIA Fluxbox CD (32-bit) Fluxbox CD Gnome CD (32-bit) Gnome CD Gnome CD (64-bit) Gnome CD Gnome DVD (32-bit) Gnome DVD Gnome DVD (64-bit) Gnome DVD KDE DVD (32-bit) KDE DVD KDE DVD (64-bit) KDE DVD LXDE CD (32-bit) LXDE CD OEM (32-bit) Gnome CD OEM (64-bit) Gnome CD USA-Japan Distribution (32-bit) Gnome CD USA-Japan Distribution (64-bit) Gnome CD Xfce (32-bit) Xfce CD Xfce (64-bit) Xfce CD
I would personally go with Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit. I just set up another virtual using that and did not run into any issues at all. If you want to stick with Linux Mint 9, go with the Gnome CD 32 bit.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Gracias! Thanks...gonna have some fun tonight...I hope.

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts
Gracias! Thanks...gonna have some fun tonight...I hope.
It is fun

I think the real fun will be when we can start putting in some of the fixes that come out, or even try fixing things ourselves. If you have any questions, i should be around for a while tonight.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
When I get to the repo sync, it runs seemingly successfully for a few hours, then hangs at a certain point:

]From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm
remote: Total 19495 (delta 11162), reused 19495 (delta 11162)
Receiving objects: 100% (19495/19495), 1.79 GiB | 504 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (11162/11162), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new tag] cm-7.1.0 -> cm-7.1.0
Fetching projects: 99% (243/245)

Should I just kill the terminal (Ctrl+C doesn't work) and re-run the repo sync command? Or will this screw something up? Or is there an underlying problem I should be looking to solve?

thanks

[Edit: BTW, I'm running a clean install of Ubuntu 11.10 32bit in a Virtualbox VM, in case it makes any difference]
I was having that issue last night and earlier today, hanging at 99% fetching projects. Know nothing about how git/repo works, so I just kind of ignored that for now. But what I just had to do was cancel, delete the entire .repo folder in /android/system, and then repo init and repo sync again. Takes 2-3 tries every time I did it fresh.

41 - 60 of 888 Posts