Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Not sure if...
366 Posts
NOTE: The reason you see "sudo" before all of my commands is because I'm running Linux.

OK, so I somehow managed to bork my tablet, then got it back up and running using a deodexed boot image someone posted up on here... but then I realized it was a 4.1 boot image, and could not get it to update to 4.1.1. Sooooo I decided to go back to stock.

Following the directions in the OP, I got to this step:

Code:
sudo fastboot -w update nakasi-jrn84d/image-nakasi-jrn84d.zip
And I get this error:

Code:
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'<br />
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'<br />
archive does not contain 'system.sig'<br />
< waiting for device >
Doing a "fastboot devices" showed my tablet. I just could not flash the .zip file. After I got done cleaning the fudgie out of my pants, I tried unzipping the zip file and individually flashing each image file:

Code:
sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img<br />
sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img<br />
sudo fastboot flash system system.img<br />
sudo fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
All of these worked. I rebooted back into the bootloader, then started my device up, and everything appears to be good.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone runs into the same problem.

· Not sure if...
366 Posts
If I just wanted to get rid of clockwork mod and stay on stock recovery would fast boot erase -recovery do the job? Like a moron I unlocked and rooted before I took the 4.1.1 update and it keeps bugging me to update. I kind of want to stay on stock rom for Noe though. Im either thinking I'll just do fast boot OEM lock but if I can just save time by just erasing clockwork, then loading the update and then reflashing clockwork
No, you have to also flash the stock recovery back to the ROM. If you just delete it then there would be NO recovery :)

Check out this post: http://rootzwiki.com..._60#entry833473

You would want to get the stock image, then unzip it and use the recovery image in it. Once you have that, delete it as you did above, then run this:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

· Not sure if...
366 Posts
that didn't work but I think it was a USB issue...the error was related to usb communications so I downloaded sdk to my wife's PC and set up there...ran the same commands and all good. Thanks though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
I think it's a little finicky with which USB port you plug it into. I had to switch to a different port to get mine to go back to stock. Not sure why.

· Not sure if...
366 Posts
good job leaving toolkits behind. u dont need them.
+1. It's not that hard to unlock/root devices without using a toolkit. I think toolkits just cause more problems than they solve, ultimately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.