Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 125 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
did you turn on USB Debugging?
I didn't at first, but I just tried it with USB debugging on and same result.

Edit: I think my problem is my computer is not reading the device properly when its in bootloader state... Are there any drivers I need to download and install beforehand? It reads my phone when on, but not in the bootloader, any ideas?

· Registered
140 Posts

Edit: I think my problem is my computer is not reading the device properly when its in bootloader state... Are there any drivers I need to download and install beforehand? It reads my phone when on, but not in the bootloader, any ideas?
yeah, you need the ADB drivers. there's probably an easier way, but d/l Wugfresh's Rootkit. the drivers are included in that. http://goo.gl/tUC6B

Edit: if you update the Android SDK, there should be a Google Driver update too that would work.

· Registered
103 Posts
yeah, you need the ADB drivers. there's probably an easier way, but d/l Wugfresh's Rootkit. the drivers are included in that. http://goo.gl/tUC6B

Edit: if you update the Android SDK, there should be a Google Driver update too that would work.
Hasn't worked for me yet. I have the latest Android SDK though. adb is not listing the device, so I'm assuming its that....

Edit: I think I finally got it using the raw drivers in step 3b.

Edit: Yup working, THANKS A LOT!!!

· Supporting Member
7 Posts

probably just a permissions issue with your fastboot. Glad you got it working but you still might want to fix your fastboot, try using SU in linux or running fastboot as admin in windows. Not the best way to handle permission issues but if it works with the correct permissions then you what the problem is.

· Malicious Droid
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

· Registered
11 Posts
[PROBLEM SOLVED] i unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM and pushed the SU to the sdcard but when i boot into recovery and select install zip for sdcard it just brings up a empty screen with the CWM symbol in the middle. when i press the power button again it just brings me back to the main CWM menu. Anyone know the problem?

EDIT: i quickly realized it is touch CWM hahaha....

· Registered
54 Posts
I'm sure I'll eventually play with ROMs, etc., but getting it today and want to try it out stock and maintain ability to watch Google Play Movies without having to temp unroot everytime. Can you unlock the bootloader, flash CWM and do the mv command in order to be able to backup the system without flashing SU and breaking Movies?

· Malicious Droid
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm sure I'll eventually play with ROMs, etc., but getting it today and want to try it out stock and maintain ability to watch Google Play Movies without having to temp unroot everytime. Can you unlock the bootloader, flash CWM and do the mv command in order to be able to backup the system without flashing SU and breaking Movies?
yes.

· Malicious Droid
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Is the bootloader listed in post #2 the stock bootloader, or is modified somehow?
it is stock...

also to the person curious about root and movies, i just rooted my newly arrived 7 and movies works just fine on it.

· Android Apprentice
1,164 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem getting into CWM from the bootloader? It was just sticking on the Google loading screen, so I had to hard-power it off, and go back in. Then I unplugged the USB cable before trying to get into CWM, and it worked.

21 - 40 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.