Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
OK, so adb reboot bootloader works fine. But once it's in the bootloader, neither adb nor fastboot can see the device anymore. lsusb does see it, so hardware-wise everything looks OK.

I'm on Linux, so windows driver updates are not an option

· Malicious Droid
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thank you K.electron for the great write up. Followed to the tee and now I profit. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
glad i could help.

· Android Beginner
10 Posts
so you need to unlock the bootloader to wipe? is there a way to do it without unlocking the bootloader? Also, when you do wipe using the fastboot commands, does it have to be in bootloader/recovery? Or can you just run those fastboot commands when the device is on??

thanks

· Registered
88 Posts
In the prevent recovery overwrite section.. I do mounts and storage, and it just hangs.. I never get to the "next menu" I guess

actually.. now i'm stuck in recovery.. any option I pick.. I get "a hat".. (I installed CWM)

so if I try to reboot system now... a hat

mountsa nd storage.. a hat

etc etc

crap, day 1, no more nexus hah

· Malicious Droid
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
In the prevent recovery overwrite section.. I do mounts and storage, and it just hangs.. I never get to the "next menu" I guess

actually.. now i'm stuck in recovery.. any option I pick.. I get "a hat".. (I installed CWM)

so if I try to reboot system now... a hat

mountsa nd storage.. a hat

etc etc

crap, day 1, no more nexus hah
do the back to stock guide and u'll be golden.

· Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem getting into CWM from the bootloader? It was just sticking on the Google loading screen, so I had to hard-power it off, and go back in. Then I unplugged the USB cable before trying to get into CWM, and it worked.
If I boot it up while holding the Volume keys, and choose Recovery from the bootloader, it goes to the Google screen and stays there. I have to power it off by holding power and volume, then boot it up normally, and go to ROM Manager and choose "Reboot into Recovery" to get into it... not fun. I wasn't able to get into it with the TWRP 2.2.1 either.

That's a temporary work-around anyways, but I'd like it if it actually worked from a cold boot.

· Registered
2 Posts
THANK YOU for the BACK TO STOCK section. I rooted before the update and everything I tried failed, clockworks would not flash the factory image. Your steps let my GN7 restore to factory so it would install the 4.1.1 update. That was a great site to watch. Now I will follow your root process and add CWM.

· Registered
2 Posts
If I boot it up while holding the Volume keys, and choose Recovery from the bootloader, it goes to the Google screen and stays there. I have to power it off by holding power and volume, then boot it up normally, and go to ROM Manager and choose "Reboot into Recovery" to get into it... not fun. I wasn't able to get into it with the TWRP 2.2.1 either.

That's a temporary work-around anyways, but I'd like it if it actually worked from a cold boot.
I had the same thing, will wait to see if CWM gets an update, what fixed it was going back to stock, they worked an then it updated to 4.1.1.

· Registered
20 Posts
So I ended up commandeering my wife's winoze box to unlock the bootloader with WUG. Something is definitely odd. When I first plugged it in, I installed the device drivers, then told WUG to unlock it. It successfully rebooted it to the bootloader then hung. I looked at the device manager, and the Nexus was unconfigured. I installed the device driver to it again, and WUG continued on.

For some reason, the device is showing up differently to the system in some way when in the bootloader.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.